x29x

"You're welcome," I sang to Cheshire as he was alone in the kitchen, eating. He looked up at me.

"For what?" he asked with a mouth full of food.

"What did you say to Zaine last night?" I asked him before anything. Cheshire swallowed his food and shifted positions.

"I told him that he was treating you wrong for no reason and to man up already," he said. Huh. "But not in those exact words, of course."

"Of course not," I laughed. "Chance said that you were helping him this morning and—"

"Man, I hate that time traveler," he hissed beneath his breath. "Well, Union wanted to...I don't know, impress you or some sh!t, so I was going to help him since it was my idea, really, but I guess those plans are ruined, eh?"

"Are they?" I asked. Something glinted in his eyes that confused him and he set down the glass of water he was about to drink.

"So...why should I be thanking you?" he asked.

"Because I helped you unlock your other powers," I told him, sort of mocking the idea of "developing" as if we really need the burden of more powers.

"How so...?" he asked, doubtfully.

"Last night, when you were so persistent to make things right from Zaine's standpoint, I...saw a future with him and it seemed so real for the briefest time before you left to talk to him," I explained. He blinked at me, not saying anything. "I don't know if you had control over that before, but I just figured th—"

"No...no; I didn't," he assured, wondering what it meant that he could make people believe in a fantasy without really altering anything in the actual world. His hand found mine along with our eyes. "Thank you."

I grinned briefly, but then he stood up and removed his hand.

"So I was thinking everyone could go out tonight," he informed. I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah I know. It's weird for me too, but whatever. I thought a group date night would be cool."

"That's not going to work," I said.

"Then why did everyone agree to it already?" he asked. I bit my lip and thought about it. "Andres and Skye. Cariba and Warren. Sumer and...Chance. You and me. And then Anthony will just be the awkward ninth wheel."

"You and me?" I asked, pathetically. He rolled his eyes.

"I think we both know it's further from a date for us," he chuckled lightly. "After all, we're obviously into different people...unless you want to go on a date—"

"No! No...I rather not," I laughed as he winked. Then I remembered. "What about my brother, Isaac, and Jane?"

"They're too young. They'll just stay here," he shrugged.

"Too young? They're either two or three years younger than us," I reminded.

"Exactly."

"Well you're forgetting about Indica," I said. Speaking of which, I hadn't seen her since I got back into the house.

"Everyone's forgetting about Indica. That's the point," he rolled his eyes. "She'll probably just stay here because she won't want to intrude on Skye and Andres."

"And what about...?" Zaine.

"He'll stay here too," he answered. "It's not like he's in the mood for all of this. He's focusing on Sunday."

I sighed. Even though I knew I shouldn't...I would stay here if he did.

"I better go talk to him—" Cheshire grabbed my arm and a questioned why.