x38x

I had been put in a room that resembled some sort of conference room without windows...or maybe the "black, shiny" walls were one-way windows. I didn't know how long I was sitting in here, but minutes after I was thrown in here, they brought me food. I refused to eat it, but then the guy who stole me, then came into the room and approached me. He had a tall frame, short dark hair, and light brown eyes that would suggest he wasn't a bad guy. He smiled at me and then sat on the table, while I was sitting in the big chair at the head. I stilled glared up at him.

"Your friends are putting up a major fight," he said. Wait, they were here? "They're downstairs raiding everything we've taken to preserve."

"Good," I hissed. He hit the table.

"Do you realize what you've done?!"

"Do you realize I don't care?" I asked him, mocking him by hitting the table and I also stood. "You murdered hundreds of kids and blew up a pharmacy that injured more innocent people—"

"You think all mutants are innocent?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

"We're not mutants—"

He grabbed my arm and threw me into the adjacent wall.

"We are mutants!"

"Oh, now you want to feel inclusive?" I asked. "If you're one of us, why do you want to get rid of us when we did nothing wrong—"

"When Maxwell put all of you into that stupid school it was wrong! He doesn't know anything! And thanks to you, now the world will know," he replied.

"Why me?" I asked him. "Why do you want me?"

At first, he smirked and it made me worry as his eyes circled from my eyes to my lips.

"I don't," he whispered. "My colleague promised to help me if you weren't harmed."

"Well who's your colleague?" Like he was going to tell me...

"You'll find out soon enough," he said in a light voice.

"Noble, we've got a problem," his radio said. Noble? Noble. "The children have been relocated and two/thirds of the security systems are compromised."

He backed away from me as I remembered who he must be and then he grabbed the radio on the wall.

"What about the prisoner?" he asked.

"He's escaped as well," he was informed and a smile formed on my face. "We have two more prisoners though. Two girls."

I would bet anything that they were Indica and Skye somehow. My smile dropped off my face as a smirk crept onto his.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him. He did nothing but glare back at me before leaving out of the room. I groaned and hit the table, but then realized that when he slammed the door, another place clicked and I looked to my right to see a hidden door. I grabbed the handle that seemed to be loose. While I contemplated opening it, the normal door suddenly flew open.

"Go, go, go!" Zaine ordered and I tried opening the new door, but it didn't work. He crossed the room and threw his shoulder in it and the frame fell as the door opened. Damn. Before I entered the new space, I turned to hug him and he pulled me away.

"We need to get out of here so—"

"—you can prove you like me?" My thoughts had finished the phrase, but I was stupid enough to say it. Ugh.

There was a silence.

"You...still like me?" he asked. Yes. I had stolen his quote. And regardless to how he actually came about the Academy, I still liked him.