x41x

Anger. Nothing but pure, searing anger coursed through my body as I realized the killer of all this was in the room down the hall. I got up from the floor seeing red, and when I shoved past Cheshire, Maxwell had entered my thoughts.

"Learn to forgive," was all he told me. I hadn't gotten to ask him what his role in all of this was, but I didn't care. I couldn't forgive someone who had killed off my boyfriend and Isaac, by extension. Jase got what he deserved, but Chevy would have to deal with my wrath.

I approached the secluded sector of the hospital wing, guarded by one regular D.C. Police officer.

"Sorry ma'am, we can't—" I didn't care that he had a gun strapped to them or that I committed the crime of assaulting a cop, but I shoved him to the side and opened the door to a hospital room with an empty bed with an opened pair of handcuffs on the side rail. Where was he? I looked around and then realized that in the small bathroom, the water was running and my fists clenched. The door behind me opened to reveal two officers, now. "You can't be in—where'd he go!?"

While one officer radioed in there was an escaped hospital patient/suspect, the other passed me swiftly to try and open the bathroom door. He was kind of hefty and threw his shoulder into the door, regardless that the door opened outward. He, then, pulled out some special key thing to open the door and reveal that there was no actual body in the bathroom. WHAT THE—

The officers scrambled and tried to figure out what to do with a missing convict, but I just went back into the waiting room near my original room. I cried more, unable to stop the warm streams, and then there was a nurse sitting at the table. She stood up when she saw me.

"You should be in your room," she said. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Suddenly, there was a deep sound and right in the middle of the corridor, two bodies solidified. Out of breath, Sentara was laying over Isaac's unconscious body, both of them covered in smoke and debris, and it didn't take long for doctors to rush around and help them up.

"What is...?" Cheshire started to question, leaving Warren's room, but then, peering from the waiting room, Indica stood up out of Jane's arms and marched after her brother, who was laying in a comatose on the gurney.

"Family only—"

"I'm his sister!" she yelled and pushed past the nurse. I looked over at Cheshire, wondering what all he was thinking. We hadn't actually lost Isaac or Sentara. But all the while, I was still mad and I think he was too. He glanced over at a room I hadn't entered and he made his point.

To the right of the door, it was written: "Z. Union"

And still, as Jane and Wilbur made their way to crowd outside the closed room they had put Isaac in, Zaine's name was weighing heavily on my heart and it was the only thing I could see. I looked over and connected eyes with Sumer, but when I took a step towards her, she rolled off the doorway and out of sight. Chance sighed.

"Tell me that everything will be alright," I told him in a mutter once I reached him. I didn't mean it for reassurance. I wanted him to travel to the future and make sure he saw Zaine.

"I can't—"

"Well try!" I yelled at him. "Go back and tell Zaine to not get distracted an-and then he wouldn't be in this stupid hospital or—"

"I can't do that, Aspen!" he raised his voice and his eyes widened. "I can't...okay. As much as I want to...I can't."

"I bet you go back and forth in time when it comes to Sumer and your own sh!t, but when it comes down to the rest of us you don't give a damn," I scolded in a fit of anger.