x25x

"So what are we going to do now?" Cariba asked as we all stood in a line, facing Sumer's huge mansion. After no immediate answer, we all looked down the row at Jane. She stared back at just as if she hadn't been micro-managing this entire "vacation".

"I don't know?"

When has Jane ever not known?

Things were tense between most of us, like that heart-to-heart at the beach house meant nothing.

"Let's just get situated first," Warren sighed. "Same rooms assignments, I'm guessing—"

"Um no."

"Can we switch?"

"How about—"

"There are six rooms, a den, and a living room," Sumer announced.

"Well you have to keep your room," Cheshire said to her. "I'll room with Anthony."

"As long as we're away from Andres and Skye," Anthony teased, but Andres tightened his grip on Skye's waist and kissed her head.

"Then who will I room with?!" Indica asked, since Skye was her best friend.

"Me," a small voice said and then we looked down the line to Jane.

"There is no way in—"

"Just do it," Isaac scoffed. Indica glared at him and then looked over to Warren. She smirked, briefly glanced at me and Cariba, and then back to Isaac.

"What about I room with Warren and you can room with Jane," she suggested.

"How about no?" Warren declined, causing reactions to different people for obvious reasons.

"And I'll stick to rooming with Wilbur," Isaac said and I'm sure Jane was offended.

"Actually," I said. "I want to room with my brother."

"Then who do I room with?" Isaac asked.

"I'll room with Aspen and Wilbur if they take the living room and then you can have the den," Cariba offered and I nodded.

"Warren and I can just have our own rooms, then," Zaine assumed and then we all broke out to our own sectors of the gigantic house.

"How are your ears?" I asked Wib.

"Better," he replied with a strong voice as he stood up. "I'm going to go thank Zaine and see what's wrong with Jane."

I watched him leave, and looked down with a huge sigh.

"Thank Zaine?" Cariba asked as she was putting blankets on her own thousand-dollar couch. "Gee, sound familiar?"

"I'll thank Zaine for helping Wib when you thank Warren for helping your plane problem," I retorted with a roll of my eyes.

"So that's what this rooming-downstairs-with-Wilbur business is," she pinned.

"No...I just miss my brother and if Zaine won't make any immediate decisions about me, then so be it," I explained. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Right..." she said, unconvinced and then Sumer walked into the living room.

"I don't know if you're hungry, but there's plenty of food in the refrigerator and there's also a pool outside and a game room upstairs, if you—"

"Sumer, I don't think we'll—"

"A pool? I'm there!" Cariba said, enthused. "I'll see you later, Aspen."