x21x

"I can go..." I offered.

"No. Stay," both of them chimed. Now we were all standing and the two opposites were glaring at each other.

"Okay..." This was extremely awkward.

"What do you want, Warren?" Cariba asked him.

"You," he finally answered.

FINALLY. Hallelujah! Praise the lord, the boy finally admits it.

"As your second choice to Indica," she assumed.

"As my first," he clarified.

"Yeah right," Cariba said, doubtfully and then I wanted to personally slap her for being so stubborn and cold. And I think Warren thought the same thing because after his jaw dropped for a moment of incredulousness, he turned to me.

"Now you know why what I want shouldn't become what I need," he sighed. "Thanks anyways."

He started walking away and Cariba was loosening her stance and giving me questionable eyes, but when she wanted to say something, Warren turned around to face us once more.

"And speaking of need...Zaine is headed toward the boardwalk," he informed.

"That's seven miles away," Cariba muttered to me.

"Seven miles is five minutes to him when he's running," Warren shrugged and then tossed me some keys. He started walking away again and now, I started nudging Cariba and muttering things to make her ask him out or something.

"Warren!" I finally yelled. He turned around, now with his hands in his pockets. I looked back to Cariba and she had wide, beady eyes, telling me not to do what I was about to, but she gave me no choice. "Want to go with us to the boardwalk?"

Cariba smacked my shoulder and I swear I felt her freeze some of the water in my body, but of course even if she did, my immortal homeostasis prevailed.

"S-Since you're his best friend and all," I added.

"Sure?" he answered half-heartedly. I handed the keys over to Cariba and commented that she should drive since she's the one who knew where the boardwalk was. And just to get under her skin for breaking Warren's heart, I let him sit shotgun, claiming "I didn't want him to have to climb in the back". I already knew that Cariba was slowly wishing I would've stayed in San Antonio with Zaine.

When we got to the boardwalk, there was a daily carnival going on, but I doubt Zaine would be within all of these people.

"Is there anywhere he liked to go when you came to carnivals?" Cariba asked Warren.

"The only place he used to like was the Ferris Wheel, but I wouldn't trust he would go there," Warren answered. I started looking around, seeing that aside from the carnival board walk, there were people going down to the beach.

"We can just walk around and ask anyone if they've seen him," Cariba suggested, but by then, I was veering off in the direction of the ramp down to the beach. "Or not..."

We had split up when I traced a hunch down the ramp, towards the shore. Eventually, I had tossed off my flip flops and leisurely walked about because I knew well that if I looked for him, I wouldn't find him. I'd have to stumble upon him. Thankfully, it only took five minutes before I saw him walking toward me. Neither of us said anything, but after he looked at me once, his eyes dropped down as if he was ashamed of something. I took that moment to hug him around his torso and his muscles quickly coiled around me as well. After a moment, I pulled away.