Cheering Up Lucy

Natsu's POV

I put the bag of our stuff on my back then watch Lucy pick Nashi up. I sigh then look out the window. "You ready Lucy?" I look back at her. "Yeah. Got everything?" I nod. "Yeah. Lets go then!" We walk out of the mansion and then we stop outside. "Lucy?" I look at her she only looks down at Nashi's sleeping face. "She'll be fine. I can feel it." She looks at me. "How can you be sure?" I look up at the sky. "She is our daughter after all. Besides she's been training with us for a week now. She's strong." She looks down. "If you say so." "I know so" She looks up at me and smiles. "Thank you Natsu" I tilt my head. "For what?" "Making me feel better." I smile at her. "Anytime. Now are you ready?" She giggles. "Yes. Lets go" We take off running.

After ten to twenty minutes later, we arrive at the guild. I kick open the guild doors. "Ah there you two are. I still can't get over how fast you two can be" I scratch the back of my head at Mira's comment. "Uh, yeah. We haven't eaten yet so can you make us something Mira?" "Sure! Just set your stuff and Nashi in the infirmary and it'll be done soon!" She hums and walks into the kitchen. I look at Lucy. "Hand me Nashi Lucy. I'll take her." "A-alright." I gently take Nashi from her and carry her to the infirmary. I look back at Lucy before I enter the infirmary. She was sitting on the bar with her head down. I frown and then walk into the infirmary. I set Nashi on the bed before setting our stuff against the wall. I brush Nashi's bangs out of her face and kiss her forehead. She's grown again. She looks twelve now when she's technically a year old. I sigh. We really have bad luck.

I walk up to the bar and sit down next to Lucy. "Hi Lu-chan! Natsu!" I blink and turn around to see Levy. "Oh hey Levy. What's up?" I ask as I tilt my head. "What's wrong with Lu-chan?" I sigh and shake my head. "Something happened with Nashi. She's worried." "Oh. I understand. But you guys are lucky. Nashi missed the diaper stage rather quickly." I shake my head. "You don't understand. We're not lucky we're unlucky. The baby and toddler stage was the best. You can never make up that time. With her changing ages constantly, we're missing tons of years in her life." "Oh....I never thought of it like that." I nod. "Take care of them Natsu" I blink. "Of course!" With that, Levy walks away. I face the bar again and rub Lucy's back. "She'll be ok." Lucy looks up at me with dazed eyes and nods. "here you two go." I look up at Mira and nod. "Thanks." "No problem." I dig in but Lucy slowly eats. At least she is eating.