2.

"Hey Ariel," Alfonso turns around to look at me, a smirk playing across his lips.

I stop, as I'm in the middle of sitting down, my books fall out of my arms for the second time today and my mouth hangs agape.

"Alfonso."

That sounded breathier than I anticipated. I mentally scowl.

"Miss Dubin, would you mind picking up your books and sitting down so we can start our lesson?"

My history teacher was burning holes into the back of my head.

"I'm sorry Mr. Dickles," I look down, bending over picking up my books one by one.

Alfonso looks at me letting a laugh fall from his lips.

"You know, you've could helped me," I hissed at him, picking up my last book as I get settled in my seat.

"Nah, it's funner watching you struggle."

"More fun," I correct him.

I groan rolling my eyes, "that was so painful," I whisper, turning my head slightly towards him.

"You're over reacting," he whispers back, my head tilted in such a way I can see lips move, quirking into a teasing smile.

"No I'm not," I say moving my lips as little as possible.

"Ye-"

"Mr. Morales and Ms. Dubin, is there something you'd like to share with the class?"

There's a long pause and Mr. Dickles taps his foot irritably on the floor making a tapping sound in the suddenly quiet classroom.

"Miss Dubin, a word," he says before walking outside, and I follow as expected.

"Miss Dubin, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't interrupt my class," I start to interrupt him but he presses his finger against my lips.

Gross.

"But-"

"I don't want to hear it," he touches my shoulder, his hand slipping and sliding down my arm as I jerk back suddenly as his hand hovers too close to my chest. . .

Crusty old man...

The door swings open with Alfonso's face poking through, "Hey Dickles," you gonna actually teach anything today?"

"You- You-" He can't seem to comprehend what's going on as Alfonso drags me inside forcing me to sit in my seat, and I do.

Buzz Buzz

My phone buzzes with a text, I pull it out, reading it quietly before a voice brings me out of my thoughts, breathing down my neck. I rub my neck with my hand just at the thought.

In a loud whisper Alfonso says, "who's 'Crusty Old Man'?"

"Shhh."

I respond to her text a slight smile forming on my face. Before turning my head slightly, looking at him out of the corner of my eye. He's staring at the side of my face and a hot, red blush creeps up my neck, coloring my cheeks.

"Who is it?"

Alfonso whispers loudly, drawing Mr Dickles' attention towards us, again, my face going afire.

"That's classified information, kind Sir," I state fighting a grin off my face.

"I respect it."

"You do? Wow," I reply, stunned.

"Well, since you said that," I pause thinking. . . was I really going to do this?