21.

Time flies, and before I know it, I'm packing up for the California trip. Well.. more like, my family is packing up. While, on the other hand I'm procrastinating, laying on my bed skyping our group, Alfonso sitting next to me.

"Don't you need to pack?"

Kayla looks at me, a motherly expression consuming her face, which is nearly dropped as she watches Alfonso cuddle with me, slowly falling asleep. Well— I mean... until Shawn decides to come along and ruin the moment.

"Alfy," he whispers, and all we can see is his eye behind his glasses, "Alfy," he sings.

Kayla, Leah and I see Alice smile creepily at the screen for a minute as she attempts to compose herself.

"Say it," I whisper.

"He deserves it," Leah mutters, rolling her eyes.

"Go for it," Kayla shrugs her shoulders.

As Shawn opens her mouth to say 'Alfy' one more time, or should I say sing; Alice interrupts him leaving us all to have wide eyed, shell-shocked expressions on our faces.

"Shawn is that your bedroom name for him because I swear upon the gods who created Pokémon Go, if you say that one more time I'm going to call the two of you fuck buddies."

Alfonso groans, nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck causing me to squirm as he pulls me in tighter, wrapping his arms around me.

"Awww," Alice, Kayla, and Leah smile at me through the screen. Well, basically everyone except for Shawn who seems to jealously have his arm crossed causing Alfonso's mouth to twitch at the corner of his mouth when he sleepily glances up at the screen.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

"Alfonso."

No response.

"Jerkfonso."

Again, no response. 

I cringe opening my mouth I say, "babe."

The corner of his mouth twitches.

I sigh, cringing again, "baby."

He smirks, but doesn't move.

"I know you're awake, can you move?"

He opens his eyes, stares at me, ignoring the ringing and says, "not until you say my real name, pumpkin."

I look at our friend group, Shawn who looks suddenly very intrigued, Leah and Kayla who are paused at the moment, probably texting back and forth, they're weird, I know. Then there's Alice, who's just staring at me wiggling her eyebrows and mouthing 'say it' repeatedly.

I sigh harshly, unwilling to do this but by this point Alfonso is basically laying on top of me. I see no choice, as I'm not strong enough to lift him off me without hurting him and my entire body is slowly falling asleep.

"Stud muffin."

I mutter under my breath as I feel the tips of my ears begin to turn red.

"What's that? I didn't quite catch that..."

I groan, covering my face in my hands.

"Please don't make me do this," I groan, sucking in as much air as I can while I do.

He smirks at me, shifting his body so more of his weight is on top of me, if possible.

"Stud muffin, get off of me."

I glare at him, hating that I had to do that as he rolls of me and I hang up the call from our friend group as they start bursting out in laughter, after staring at the screen for what seems to be ages.

"I hate you, you know that right?"

He grins at me, his breath-taking smile making it harder to be angry with him.

"I'm sure you do pumpkin," he sings at me as I just sit there scowling at him.

He stares at me before busting up in laughter while I just scowl, "come on you have to admit that was funny," he pokes my rips a few times until my room's become a full blown tickle-torture battlefield.

"I need to pee," I manage to gasp out.

"Okay, if you must."

He sighs, looking forlorn as I close the door, "I'll be back, don't you worry your pretty head about a thing."

"Don't fall in," he yells after me, as I chuckle and walk across the hallway to do my 'business'.

Once I return, wiping the excess water on the back of my pants he looks up at me, his mouth curling into an odd shape and his eyebrows creasing together.

"Alfonso?"

He looks up at me, a tender look coming over him rather than the angry, stressed one he had before I came in his room.

"I have to go."

He states, almost emotionlessly as his face is disfigured again, causing me to begin to worry more.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I stand between his legs as he puts his phone down, as if knowing I'm standing there, he leans his forehead against me, groaning.

"Not now, not yet." 

He rests his fingers on my waist, brushing them against my hips every few seconds, against my bare skin.

"Alfonso," I murmur, opening my eyes slowly, almost drowsily if you can even call it that.

"Hmm," he hums, not quite looking at me directly but just enjoying my presence, as I am his.

"I-I..."

I trail off as I look into his eyes as he lifts them to search mine.

"I know," he says and tilting my chin up slightly, his lips find mine.

We break apart and I lean my head against his, before I know it I find the words that I've been meaning to say for a long time and I can't help but let them fall from my lips.

"Alfonso, I-I-"

His lips twitch teasingly as he waits patiently for me, more patient than I am for sure.

"Alfonso, I love you."

His eyes light up and it seems as if his world is completed as mine has as I've finally told him how I feel.

"I love you too."

Sadness, and happiness, a bittersweet feeling fills me up as I realize I won't see him for at least a week.

"I'm gonna miss you."

"I know."

He leaves it at that for a minute and just as a frown forms on my face he continues, "Elle, I'm gonna miss you too, but you're meeting your best friend."

A look of seriousness comes on his face as he says; "Don't let any cute surfer boys over there steal you away from me."

"You're the only boy I have eyes for."

"Good," he grins, pressing his lips against mine once more and I feel as if everything in my life is falling into place. I can do this, I'm going to be okay.

I walk him to the bottom of my porch and I grin, "I can't quite say the same for girls as I did for boys."

"Hmm, I have faith that you'll do just fine keeping this," he taps right above my literal heart, "belonging to me, as mine will always belong to you."

He gives me a sly look as he winks at me, and I watch him walk away until he's disappeared far from the bush and I walk inside, I glance around my room, as if searching for him. I proceed to sit on my bed and hug my pillow, inhaling it as his scent clings onto it. I admitted it— I love him.