11.

"Today was fun."

I look down at him from my porch, it's 4:00 and I don't want this day to be over. Why you may ask? Because, tomorrow, I get to meet the vice principal along with Alfonso and both of our parents.

Isn't that the most exciting and best idea ever?! WOO PARTY!!!

"Aren't you soooooo excited for tomorrow?!"

I look over at him as he rolls his eyes, fist pumping the air with fake enthusiasm.

"Oh yes, Ms. Garcia is my BFF!!"

"Totally," I roll my eyes, "no, no, Scarlet is definitely not my best friend, nor, Kayla, Shawn, Alice, or Leah."

"Totally," he echoes, quirking an eyebrow as if he's defying me or something. . .

There's a long pause and I look into his eyes deeply. And I wonder, looking into the depths of his eyes if this is where I want to be. Always. This is where I want to be a week from now, a month from now, a year from now, twenty years from now. And when I think about him again, I decide I wouldn't want it any other way. It's the truth, I want Alfonso Morales to stay in my life, forever.

Blue to brown.

Brown to blue.

This is us, and it's true, there's nowhere else I'd rather be. 

I walk up my front steps and take a look back at him. He raises his hand up giving me a single wave and a slight smile.

"Good Evening," I look at him again, blue to brown; brown to blue.

"Good Afternoon," he replies, smiling up at me.

I close the door silently behind me, smiling in true happiness, I then freeze in horror, Scarlet's going to kill me.

A: Hi?

S: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?! FUCKING HELL ARIEL YOU COULD'VE BEEN DEAD!! I HAVE NO WAY TO CONTACT ANYONE YOU KNOW OVER THERE!! I WAS WORRIED SICK

A: I'm sorry babe, I was with Alfonso all day and didn't wanna be rude and check my phone :(

S: OH

There's a moment before I receive six or more different bubbles with her reply

S: That's excusable then

S: BUT

S: YOU HAVE TO TELL ME EVERYTHING

S: IM NOT ASKING

S: IM TELLING YOU

A: Woah okay, okay, woman–– CALM DOWN

I end up retelling Scarlet EVERYTHING and when I say everything, I mean every little damn detail. Between us fangirling–– her over how cute Alfonso and I are, and me over having someone who returns my feelings, and I return theirs.

"Ariel," my brother, Alexander opens the door slowly, as if he's scared that I'll bite him, almost everyone seems scared of me today...

"What's up Alex?"

"Mom says it's time for dinner."

"Oh, alrighty," he looks at me weird for a few seconds.

"Since when have you started saying 'alrighty'?"

"Um..."

"Since now?"

I laugh nervously, hoping he won't notice my nervousness.

"What's with your laugh?"

"What do you mean?"

"You suddenly got really high pitched and weird..."

"I didn't get 'weird'," I respond defensively.

"Okay, whatever Ariel, just come to dinner, mom wants a 'family dinner'."

After adding an eye roll, he turns around and closes the door not so gently behind him.

"Alex!!"

He turns around and peeps back into my bedroom.

"Yesssss?"

There's a moment's pause as he stares at me blankly, "you gonna tell me?"

"Nope."

"Oh.."

There's a long pause while we just look at each other.

"Well dinner is ready," he walks out again, and I can hear his footsteps padding as they echo down the long hallway.