7.

As promised, Alfonso showed up at 7 am sharp, right on the dot, bright and early. And I thought I was going to be able to sleep in.      L-I-E-S. Lies I tell you! I drag myself out of bed, happiness, and warmth to go answer the door. Let me tell you, I was not a happy camper.

"WHAT."

I swung the front door wide open, Rosie in one arm squirming.  Alfonso stood there, his finger about to press the door bell for the fiftieth time in a row.

"Sorry," he rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, "I wasn't sure if you were up."

"No shit I'm up, you probably broke the door bell."

"Oops."

I glare at him, narrowing my eyes into thin slits, rolling my eyes, I give up.

"Whatever," I slam the door in his face, brushing my hands off as I walk away, going to make breakfast.

I finish making breakfast and the front door is eerily quiet, as Rosie sits by the front door, dutifully. A continuous buzzing of my phone breaks the silence.

Unknown: Hey, hey, you, you I don't need a girlfriend!
Unknown: BDNDDNJDJSJSJAJAK!! Unknown: AAAAAAAAAAAA!!
Unknown: A
Unknown: B
Unknown: C
Unknown: D
Unknown: E
Unknown: F
Unknown: G
Unknown: H
Unknown: I
Unknown: J
Unknown: K
Me: Who is this?
Unknown: Guess.
Me: Alfonso?
Unknown: Possibly. Can you open the door now? "I'm sweatin' like a sinner in church."
Me: Did you just quote The Princess and the Frog?
Unknown: Yep.

I begrudgingly slowly, painfully slow, walked over to the front door, one foot in front of the other. Slowly, I open the door until I'm greater by a very sweaty Alfonso.

"How did you get so sweaty in only ten minutes?"

"Oh you know, the usual," he pants, breathlessly.

I cock an eyebrow, tilting my head, challenging him.

"You ran around the back," I state.

"Yeah. . ."

"Not your brightest moment?"

I ask, wondering what the hell he was thinking running around in the hot, humid Florida air.

"Nope," a boyish grin spreads across his face, as I just shake my head and mutter 'what a goofball'. "

I walk away from the door shouting, "close the door behind you," over my shoulder. 

"Okay," I barely hear him shout, and as I look around the corner, he's pumping his fist in the air.

Not even a second after he walks into the kitchen, I hear a very girl like scream.

"What the fuck. ."

Once I see him panting, I burst out laughing, Rosie giving him puppy eyes and lolling her tongue to the side of her mouth.

"Why didn't you tell me you have a dog?"

He asks me, one word per pant.