Malec youtube au

VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ - In this story, they all live in LA (Los Angeles, United States for those of you who don't know). There's no such thing as the shadow world. Magnus is the same age as Alec (18). Magnus and Alec are big time youtubers. ALSO! This is a YouTube/Shadowhunter crossover story so I will be adding in some other youtubers like Zoella, Tyler Oakley, Troye Sivan, Connor Franta etc. Anyways, please enjoy and keep these things in mind!

<><><><><><><><><><>

Alec's pov

"Hey there biscuits! Today's video is going to be-" Magnus's lovely voice was cut short.

"ALEXANDER GIDEON LIGHTWOOD!" I covered my ear with my pillow, already knowing what was coming next. "IF YOU'RE ON THAT GODAMN YOUTUBE AGAIN I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL TAKE IT AWAY!"

"You can't take away YouTube mom, but nice try," I mutter under my breath. I clamber down the stairs lazily to be greeted by my disapproving mother. My parents actually support my YouTube channel considering it's quite successful. They just didn't like me being on it 24/7.

"What were you doing?" My mom asks.

"I was just-"

I was cut off by my mom throwing her hands in the air. "You know what never mind I know you were on that god forsaken tube. Just vacuum the main floor and Izzy and Jace will do the basement and upstairs."

I nod my head when she pauses. You know that thing that parents do when they're lecturing you and then all of a sudden they stop because they don't think you're listening? Yeah, she was doing that.

"Your father and I will be home by midnight," I knew this was highly unlikely, for my parents were always out till the early hours of the morning. They always said they'd be back by 12, but they never were. It was even worse when Izzy, Jace, Max and I were kids. Our parents would say they'd be back in time to put us to bed, but I always ended up doing it.

"Okay, have fun," My mom hugged me before walking out the front door. I locked it behind her and went to the closet to get the vacuum. Oh yeah, speaking of closets, I was still hiding in one. I've been contemplating on whether or not I should make a coming out video. My favourite youtuber Magnus Bane came out that way. Of course he talked to his family first, but that's out of the question for me. My dad is extremely homophobic. Izzy and Jace my younger siblings know, and our youngest brother doesn't. He's too young to understand.

"JACE! IZZY! GET DOWN HERE!" Right after I finish saying the word 'here', Jace runs down the stairs, Izzy hot on his heels.

"YOU ASSHOLE! I'LL GET YOU!" I watched as Izzy furiously grabbed at Jace's shirt. In his hand I saw her favourite red lipstick. He's a goner.

"Guys!" I yelled trying to get their attention. "GUYS!" They stopped their fighting and turned to look at me. "Jace give Iz her lipstick back." Jace held his hand out to Izzy and looked at me in dismay, betrayal written all over his features. Izzy smirked and grabbed her lipstick sticking it in her back pocket. Surely it will break if she decides to sit down. Won't it? Oh well, whatever, back on track. "Mom and dad left again," Izzy and Jace groaned. This was nothing unusual. "And we have to vacuum."

"Um, no you can't!" Izzy smiles.

"Excuse me? Yes I can. I have to. Izzy what-" I start to argue but am interrupted again.

"No, like you physically can't. You won't be here tonight remember?" She was getting more excited by the second and I hadn't the slightest idea why.