My Summer Love

AN/ not part II of youtuber au! this is wrapped around the song Summer Love by One Direction 😊😢 just a little story to ride you guys over till the big reveal. (Man I'm really building up this part II! The pressure is on!)
P.S. feel free to listen to the song while you read
Thanks, enjoy!

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

Alec felt a tear run down his cheek as he packed his bags. He felt stupid for crying, but he also knew it was inevitable. Camp Wonder had always been Alec's favourite time of the year. He had attended the camp every summer when he was younger, and now he was a senior councillor. Unfortunately, senior meant that that summer was his last. After 14 years at Camp Wonder, it had become a home away from home. But that wasn't why Alec found it hard to restrain the sobs that threatened to break out at any moment. Of course he would miss camp and everyone he'd gotten to know as family, but there was one person in particular that he dreaded saying goodbye to. That year, a new councillor had been introduced. He was the most genuine, amazing person Alec had ever had the privilege of knowing. Magnus and him had made fast friends and not long after had formed something stronger. They shared secret kisses and actions of affection when they were alone, and while there were others around they were as close as best friends could be.

As Alec lugged his suitcase out of the cabin, he remembered all the nights Magnus and him had spent out in the woods or by the beach, just talking and laughing about nothing and everything. Alec had never known two people could click so well so fast.

The two knew what they were getting into when they shared their first kiss, and when they went in for more. They both knew that since Magnus had to go back to Brooklyn after camp, and that there was no way Alec could ever go with him, that their little relationship would not last. They would just be each other's summer love. But who knew a summer love could turn into so much more. Sometimes they would argue over the situation and just end up in tears and one comforting the other. It was a vicious cycle that they couldn't seem to break.

Magnus had told him he'd write and text and call and FaceTime and Skype and everything in their power to stay in contact; but Alec knew it was pointless. Magnus knew it too, but they both yearned for that sliver of hope.

Alec could hear all the bustling around in the main part of camp, and decided to take a back path that only the councillors knew about. He needed time to think, and although he'd never admit it, he was putting off saying goodbye to Magnus. They were young, only 18, and had their whole lives in front of them. It was crazy to think they were in love. Who knows, Magnus could have someone back in Brooklyn, though it was highly doubtful. Alec thought as he walked slowly, taking in every bush and every tree. He thought about that one boat ride Magnus took him on. His and the other councillors birthday surprise for Magnus and how the whole camp had pitched in to decorate the mess hall and cook the food. Alec smiled at the memory. He decided that when he looked back on camp and on Magnus, he would remember everything as happy sad memories. Nostalgic moments that made your heart hurt, and your mind fill with joy.

Alec was out of the forest, and as he walked past the mess hall the memory of him and Magnus's food war flooded his mind, bringing with them a fresh batch of tears. Remember, happy sad memories. It was going to take work but Alec knew he could do it. It was only a week ago that he realized he never wanted to be separated from Magnus. When he confessed this Magnus had cried and Alec tried to comfort him through his own sorrow. There had been a lot of tears in the past week, and Alec knew there'd be a lot more today then all of it combined.

They loved each other dearly, but their relationship was just not meant to be. So strong, yet so flawed and inconvenient.

"Hey Alec," Alec lifted his head and saw Magnus stood not even a foot away from him, a sad smile on his face. Tears already brimmed his eyes.

"Hey."

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

AN/ okay so ya that happened. Sorry if you cried or got teary eyed, but that was kind of the point. I was feeling very mopey and weepy when I wrote this so forgive me for the sadness. Anywho, hope you enjoyed this. Part II of Malec YouTube au is on it's way (1769 words so far) so keep a look out for when I post it.

Thanks
Love yas

Comment vote share