Anniversary

It's been a year. A year since Alec's world caved into darkness. A year of loss and pain.

It wasn't fair. Magnus was the one who was supposed to live forever. He was the one who was supposed to always be there for Max, who would live forever as well. Alec was supposed to die first, because Magnus wasn't supposed to die at all.

Alec was torn. He hated Magnus for leaving him, he hated the demon that took his life, and he hated himself for not being able to save him. He didn't let anyone call him Alexander, for it brought on too many memories of Magnus.

Alec's family was hurting too. Jace could feel Alec's pain, even without their parabatai bond. Izzy mourned for her brother's happiness. Clary turned to art to ease the pain, and Maryse hated seeing the only son she had left, be consumed by grief.

Max was too young to fully understand what happened, but he knew there was something wrong. He was confused as to why he only saw one of his dad's now and not both. Raf knew what death was, and when Magnus died, he withdrew from everything and wouldn't talk to anyone but Max.

Alec didn't know what to do with himself, with his kids.

But that was a year ago.

Things were better now. Things were slowly going back to normal, as normal as they could be. Alec would smile from time to time, and Max and Raf were happier. Everyone in their New York institute family was happier.

Today was the anniversary, and everyone took the present day to remember, and to comfort each other. Though not all of them were extremely close to Magnus, they were all effected. Alec most of all.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

AN: Extremely short, I know... but the idea just kinda sprang into my head and I went for it. Sorry for the sadness!!

Love yas

Vote comment share