Chapter 1

***
*Peeks slowly out from behind door*
Hello everybody! So... I'm new to publishing on this website, so it might take me a bit to work out all the little snags.
Anywho, enjoy this for what it is!

***

"Masaomiiii!" I yelled, running down the street.

"Wha- Oh, hey!" The blonde boy turned to me, grinning cheekily as always. Next to him, a black-haired boy turned and looked at me curiously as I ran up to the pair.

I stopped to catch my breath, stooping and putting my hands on my knees in an effort to steady myself. Hearing Masaomi chuckling, I stood up straight and put my hands on my hips, glaring at him in mock anger. "Oh, ha-ha, very funny, blondie."

"I'm so sorry, your majesty, I didn't mean to offend you," He responded in an equally sarcastic tone, bowing low.

I smirked and punched him lightly on the shoulder. "Shut up, dummy."

"I thought you weren't supposed to get back from the States until next week, Aida!" He protested, rubbing his arm but smiling all the same.

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair. "Yeah, I was supposed to, but dad had an 'urgent business matter' so we had to cut the trip short." Urgh.

"Uh..." Oh, right, the other guy. I turned to him, smiling.

"So, who're you?"

"O-Oh, r-right! I-I'm Mikado Ryugamine!" He was all flustered, and I suppressed a laugh.

"Nice to meet you, Mikado. I'm Aida, Aida Amai." I bowed my head slightly.

"S-So, uh, h-how do you two know each other?" Mikado asked a little shyly.

"Aida and I went to the same middle school," Masaomi answered. "Sort of one of the first people I met when I moved to Ikebukuro."

"Yep. One heck of a welcoming committee," I snickered. "Anyway, welcome to Tokyo, Mikado. Are you going to Raida?"

He nodded. "Yeah, Masaomi invited me."

"Mm. Well, guess I'll see you there!" My phone buzzed, and I glanced at it, sighing. "Mom, come on... Guess I gotta go. See you, guys!" With that, I turned and ran back the way I'd come.

***
I just want to say in advance that I have a serious issue with chapter length. Some chapters are super long, some are short as heck, but hopefully I can update regularly enough that this won't be *too* much of a problem.
Anyway! Hope you guys enjoyed this first intro to my OC, hope you guys will end up enjoying her as much as I do!

:D