Chapter 11

It's here, guys! Here's that extra long chapter I promised!!!!! :)

Enjoy!

---

When I awoke, I was lying prone on something, and given the fact that my sides were aching, it felt like I'd been kicked and thrown around a little. I decided to stay down until I figured out what was going on, but opened my eyes.

I did not like what I saw.

I was on a raised platform, facing out to a gigantic group of people. The Yellow Scarves, apparently. It looked like I was in a warehouse, and given the lack of city sounds, I guessed I was on the outskirts of Ikebukuro. I did a mental check; other than a head that didn't hurt too much (Probably not a concussion then) and the bruises across my body, I was fine. So they hadn't done too much to me. Yet.

Still, though, someone must've seen my eyes opening, because suddenly there was a cold pipe resting against my cheek.

"Hiya, sweetheart." A low voice rumbled above me, and I tensed. Okay, not good. Definitely not good. "Sorry to meet ya like this, but don't move, alright? I'd hate to have to break that pretty face of yours."

Perhaps it's not the best thing, but the more dangerously tense a situation comes, the more snark I have.

"Great," I mumbled. "Just to top off a terrible 48 hours, I get kidnapped by a color gang."

"Oh, and if you wanna keep yourself from getting hurt, I'd keep your smart mouth shut, too."

Just then, the doors to the warehouse slid open, and who should walk in but... Masaomi.

Lovely. Just lovely.

"Ah, wonderful!" Suddenly, I was yanked upward by my hair, and I let out a yelp as I was pulled to my feet, restrained from behind. "Welcome back, boss."

"Horada, what is this?" Masaomi looked at the guy holding me, doing his best to sound disinterested. But I saw the look on his face. He was panicking, a lot, and his gaze kept shifting back to me. "She's got nothing to do with this. Let her go."

Why would he be so worried? He was mad at me, wasn't he? I thought he was, anyway...

I stared at Masaomi, basically tuning out the conversation, but I caught enough. The Blue Squares weren't gone... in fact, most of them were in this room.

Masaomi started walking towards the stage, and despite the fact that I was impressed he was mouthing off to a room full of people fully willing to kill him, I was terrified. Not just for my sake, either.

And that's when Horada dropped me with one hand, ripped a crowbar out of another gang member's hands, and threw it at Masaomi.

And it hit him in the face.

"Masaomi!" I cried out. Everything in me was trying to break away from the creep holding me back, the past forgotten for the moment. I didn't care if he was a jackass. I didn't care that he'd yelled, and I didn't care that I'd stooped low enough to yell back.

He was still the dummy that I loved, and seeing the blood run down his face almost threw me into hysterics.

Masaomi stumbled, before leaning down and picking up the crowbar. "Just so you know, I came here tonight knowing I might get killed. But..." A little smile popped onto his face, and it was honestly... honestly a little scary. "I was prepared to kill, too. Well... not just kill. Kill you, more specifically. So I'll say it again, that's why I'm here tonight, and I'm not going to let you take that away from me!"