Chapter 10

Hey guys!

So, just a warning, this chapter is hecka short. I told you I had issues with chapter length :/

With that said, enjoy!

They were everywhere. The Yellow Scarves were scattered all over the streets. It was impossible to avoid them, but somehow it felt like they were watching me.

When Masaomi had been in charge of the Yellow Scarves back when they'd started, it wasn't a giant gang. It was all middle school and high school punks who just wanted to feel included, and sure, they were a big group, but not this big. Not so big that I felt like I couldn't go anywhere without seeing them.

At least the Blue Squares weren't involved, but now they were going up against a much bigger, more confusing enemy; the Dollars. A gang where 95 percent of the members were just normal citizens, but the remaining 5 percent were all unpredictable factors.

Who you definitely wouldn't want to screw with.

What Masaomi was thinking, I had no fucking idea, but it was the stupidest thing he'd ever done, by far. And Masaomi Kida had done a lot of really stupid things.

Dummy, I thought to myself.

Ever since we'd known each other, I think, I'd called him that. Just like he sometimes called me 'your majesty' or 'princess', I'd call him 'dummy'. To me, it was an affectionate term. Usually. This time, it wasn't; I was just thinking the truth.

After I'd returned home from Shinra's apartment, I didn't want to leave again, but found that I kinda had to on account of grocery shopping and such. As I unpacked the groceries into my fridge, someone knocked on the door.

Needless to say, I was a little worried.

If it was Masaomi, I'd slam the door in his face. I just wasn't prepared to deal with his bullshit so soon after yesterday. If it was another friend... well, I wouldn't be happy, because I didn't feel like human interaction was something I wanted to do, but I'd at least put up with it. And what if it was someone trying to attack me? (A little paranoid, but... in this city, you have to be prepared for anything, really. The feeling of being followed all day didn't help that.) Well... I guess strangulation would work.

Keeping this thought in mind, I went upstairs and grabbed the ribbons I used for dance off the back of my door. One of the ends was attached to a little handle, so I could grip it better. I snuck back downstairs, stood next to my door, and unlocked it.

Immediately, several Yellow Scarves members streamed in, and I jumped on the back of one of them, pulling the ribbons tight around his neck.

People freaked, but I didn't care. I just locked my legs around the guy's torso and hung on for dear life until I was ripped off and knocked out. Screw them.

Like I said.

The next chapter is gonna be pretty darn long to make up for this, so sit tight!

Let me know what you think in the comments! :D