But She's A Bitch...

A/N: Edited.

26 November 2011

Dear Diary,

As much as I love my friends, today felt a little awkward to me. Georgia, Jamie, Flynn, and I decided to go into town for a catch up and Sarina came up in conversation...

***

I sighed, resting my head on my folded arms. Jamie had picked out a new Chinese restaurant to try out so that's where we were sat, eating fried noodles and listening to Georgia go on and on about her latest boyfriend.

"... and then – you'll never guess – he kissed me! Right there in front of his friends! How cute is that?" she finished her long-winded story excitedly, her hands coming together in a giddy clap. When no one gave much of an answer she huffed in annoyance. "Fine, don't answer. You're just bitter that none of you have boyfriends."

"Excuse me?" I heard Flynn gasp. "I like girls, thank you very much!" Something we had in common. "Besides, your soppy stories always make me want to throw up." Georgia gasped, preparing to start an argument with him as per their usual conversation.

"Hey D, you okay?" Jamie whispered, mouth by my ear. I could feel her breath tousling my hair. I didn't reply, so she continued. "If you want to stay at my house tonight you know you're always welcome. You look like you need to talk." Her hand rubbed my back reassuringly. I looked up to find worry clear on her face, her brows furrowed over brown eyes. I could hear the others still arguing in the background as I answered.

"Yeah, I'd like that, thanks." I offered a smile as she nodded back at me.

"But she'd so hot!" I heard Flynn yell. Sighing at the continued arguing I raised my head to join the conversation.

"Keep your voice down, you dope." He frowned. "So who's hot?" Suddenly he was grinning, the quick change in expression making me laugh a little.

"Sarina Thompson, duh." He murmured like he was telling a secret, raising he eyebrows suggestively. Normally the action would have made me laugh.

"But she's a bitch..." Jamie replied before I had to.

"That's what I said!" Georgia agreed. Flynn just brushed them off.

"Whatever. What about you, D? Got anyone you like?" He wiggled his eyebrows again and this time, I did giggle.

"Uh... just... just this guy. You won't know him, he doesn't go to our school." I stammered out, hoping they'd take my hesitation as being flustered over this non-existent guy.

"Oh, really? So where do you know him from? Is he cute?" Georgia leaned forward on her elbows, eyes widening with interest.

"From... uh, my mum! He's the son of one of my mum's friends." She nodded in approval.

"Do we get to meet him? You know we need to approve of this guy before we let him anywhere near you." Flynn winked. I laughed awkwardly, inwardly wincing at the sound.

"Sure, at some point... if I can convince him. I don't even think he knows I exist to be honest..." I trailed off and felt Jamie squeeze my hand.

"I'm sure he does." She offered reassuringly. I nodded, smiling weakly.

***

So I'm staying at Jamie's house tonight. I figure that if I want her to be able to help me with this mess then I need to tell her the truth. The whole truth. I'll update when I can.

TTFN,

D x