Wedding day

28th April

Dear David,

I’m back at Jamie’s after a hectic few days and thought I’d write about the wedding while she’s in the shower (she wouldn’t let me join her *sigh*). I’m not sure if my parents will ever let me back into their house after I ‘publicly humiliated them’ but I guess we’ll see. I actually think the wedding went very well!

***

“Oh it was such a beautiful service, don’t you think?” Grams asked my mother. Originally, I was supposed to be on a table with just Grams, my uncle, my aunt, cousin, and Jamie. However, my lovely parents decided they would like to joins us instead of sitting at the head table to ‘keep an eye on me’ and make sure I don’t do anything ‘unsavoury’. I was mostly distracted from the conversation by the food – which was heavenly – and Jamie’s hand on my knee, rubbing small circles just often enough for me to lose all concentration. It was when Grams directed her attention to me that I looked up from my plate.

“Oh Dana dear, didn’t you want to bring a date?” I swallowed, almost choking on my food as Grams looked at me sympathetically. I felt Jamie’s hand go still and saw my mother’s back straighten impossibly. She gave a forced chuckle and leaned closer to Grams.

“She’s not seeing anyone at the moment, we didn’t want to embarrass her by bringing it up.” She kept her voice low, glancing at me across the table. Grams looked confused.

“Why ever not? She’s a beautiful young woman! I’m sure she has boys lining up for her.” She winked at me and I smiled back, thanking her for the compliment. “And I’m sure your friend here must’ve had someone she could bring!” Mum choked and looked at dad worriedly while Jamie chuckled quietly.

“Well actually Grams, Jamie is my date.” I looked back down at my plate and heard Grams chuckle.

“Ah yes, I used to bring friends as dates when I didn’t have your grandfather.” I looked up to see her smiling good-naturedly, unaware of her mistake. Mum breathed a sigh of relief.

“Uh, no, I mean Jamie is my girlfriend. We’re in a relationship.” Dad coughed loudly, mum swore under her breath, and Jamie squeezed my knee; everyone else stayed silent, shocked. I cleared my throat awkwardly. It was my uncle who spoke first, smiling reassuringly at myself and Jamie.

“Well I think you make a good couple.” With that he shrugged and went back to his food. My mother looked positively horrified at her brother, which made me giggle until she turned to me with a sharp, reprimanding look.

“I agree, you’re cute together!” My aunt added, looking confused at mum’s reaction. “Why did you say she wasn’t seeing anyone? Didn’t you know?” Both of my parents went read with embarrassment and I grinned. Here were two people, directly related to me, that didn’t care that I was gay. They were even happy for me! My dad cleared his throat and put his glass down.

“We did know, yes. We just don’t believe that it’s appropriate for two girls to be in a relationship. Particularly when they’re so young.” It was my aunt’s turn to look horrified.

“Don’t tell me you actually believe that!” She exclaimed at her brother. I moved my hand to cover Jamie’s under the table. Dad stuttered, looked at mum who gave him a stern look, and nodded. “Unbelievable.”

“Dana, do you love her?” My little cousin piped up. I nodded.

“I love her very much.” I squeezed Jamie’s hand turning to give her a big smile. My cousin nodded, seemingly satisfied, and went back to eating. My aunt looked on proudly at her daughter. “Grams?” I watched her hopefully. “Do you… Have anything to say?” She looked surprised.

“Why would I?” I shrugged. “If this is who you think you are and you’re happy, I have nothing to complain about.” She smiled. “Oh, actually, you have sauce on your lip.” Wiping my face I sent her a thankful smile and she winked back at me, my mother looking absolutely livid. The rest of the meal passed with easy chatter, other than from my mother who stared angrily at her plate before excusing herself to go outside.

---

During the first dance Laura’s dress swirled around her beautifully and Gray easily avoided tripping in it thanks to weeks of dance lessons. It wasn’t long before the dance floor filled up with party-goers. Jamie pulled me up to dance and we swayed lazily to the music, earning many happy smiles. Hearing ‘you two must be such good friends, that’s so sweet’ did admittedly get boring, as did having to correct everyone and explain that no, Jamie was not my best friend, she was my girlfriend, and we were trying to dance so it would be nice if we could be left alone. After that, many of the smiles turned sour, and guests left with disapproving or disgusted looks on their faces, some even muttering insults as they went. However, many people smiled broader once they found out that we were together. A young boy even said that he wished his future girlfriend would be as beautiful as mine.

We spent most of the evening dancing, chatting to the bride and groom (who seemed very pleased to see us being open about our relationship), and trying to guess what wedding gifts the guests had brought with them.

---

“That was amazing.” Jamie giggled as I pushed her against the wall outside, pushing loose strands of hair out of her face. She was grinning up at me, her face shining with excitement. “I love being so open with you.” She murmured as she leaned in and pressed her lips to mine, moving them slowly, before sucking my bottom lip into her mouth. I pulled back.

“Tut tut, we’re in public.” I faked shock and she blushed.

“Sorry, you just look so… Hmm” She moved her hands to grab the fabric at my waist, pulling my hips forward until they collided with hers and I was forced to brace my hands on the wall behind her, caging her in with my arms. I raised an eyebrow at her forwardness. She brought her lips to mine once more in a fierce kiss, pulling at my dress to bring me closer until she was sandwiched tightly between me and the wall. I bit her bottom lip and heard her moan breathily, opening her mouth so I took the opportunity to push my tongue past her lips to collide with her own and felt her shudder at the contact. My hands roamed down her body freely – lingering at her chest, hips and thighs – as I moved my mouth down her throat to the sensitive spot at the base of her neck. She was panting heavily when I pulled away, leaving a bruise on her neck. I moved back to look at her, her chest heaving, face flushed, and bottom lip caught between her teeth. I wished we were back in her room.

“Christ Jamie.” I chuckled, running my thumb over her lips. “I’m glad no one else gets to see you like this. I’d get so jealous, I don’t think I could stop myself from taking you every way imaginable – and I do imagine a lot.” She groaned, leaning her head back against the wall. I moved away from her with a quick kiss on the lips and a promise of ‘later’ just as the door opened for someone to come outside. Jamie quickly straightened herself up and smoothed out her dress, moving away from the wall just in time for my mother to come around the corner.

***

I’m sure you can guess what happened next. Mum was ‘humiliated’. As if her shouting and being judgemental wasn’t humiliating enough already – she didn’t need my help. On the bright side, my distant family are mostly accepting of me, and Jamie was still very… Excited, let’s say, when we got home, so I had a pretty fabulous night.

TTFN,

D x

A/N: Since people asked for it I've written the missing sex scene from the end of this chapter and posted in the book of restricted chapters on my profile. Enjoy! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Let me know what you think! GMA x