Positively edible

A/N: Hello, all! I know I’ve left it ages to upload again but A-levels are much harder than I expected and my exams start in ten weeks so I’ve been super busy! I’ve also had some of my own stuff going on so it’s been hard getting into the right frame of mind to write for you guys. On the bright side, here is an update! I’m not sure when the next one will be up but I don’t think there will be many more chapters since I’m running out of ideas!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter and feel free to leave any ideas for this book in the comments to help me out a little! Thanks! GMA x

20th February

Dear David,

I know it’s been a few days but I’ve been busy with Jamie. I’ve been staying at her place to avoid my parents after the other day.

***

I stretched out on my bed, waking up slowly to the sound of harsh voices coming from downstairs. Ignoring it, I pulled my blanket tighter around me and got comfortable.

“I’m sorry but I think it’s wildly inappropriate. You shouldn’t come here anymore.” A female voice wafted up the stairs. It was my mother, complaining about something or other, as usual.

“You’re only children, you can’t possibly know yourselves well enough to decide this kind of thing now.” My dad was there too? What were they talking about?

“I understand how you feel but…” Jamie. Oh for Christ sake. Shoving my quilt back I got out of bed and stormed downstairs in my pyjamas. Jamie was stood just inside the front door with my parents stood in front of her, looking pretty horrible. “Oh, Dana, you’re awake.” She looked over at me, taking in my messy hair and bedroom attire. Her eyes widened in shock, then darkened slightly. She cleared her throat. Confused, I looked down at myself. Seemingly, I’d forgotten that my pyjamas consisted of an old t-shirt and Jamie’s underwear (which I may have stolen from her on Valentine’s).

“Oh, ugh…” I blushed, looking back at her and meeting her dark gaze. “Hey.” I offered, smiling sheepishly. She smirked at me – a look that was both amused and slightly predatory. Since Valentine’s, she’d become a very… physical being. No complaints here, obviously. At that moment my parents turned to me.

“Dana, you need to tell Jamie that she can’t come here anymore. Your relationship is inappropriate and needs to be ended. We won’t tolerate it.” My dad barked at me. He looked pretty angry but I wasn’t going to let him talk about me or Jamie like that.

“Will you please just get over it? I am who I am, no matter what you do to try and change that. Sorry, but your daughter is a lesbian, so no grandkids from me.” I sighed. He opened his mouth to speak again, his face reddening. My mother was staring on in shock. “I’m not doing this right now. My girlfriend is stood right there, I miss her, and she looks positively edible, so I’m gonna’ go ahead and take her upstairs. Don’t worry, we won’t be up there long.” The look that my parents gave each other was perfect. They looked horrified at my comment and I was entirely okay with that. I took Jamie’s hands and pulled her back up the stairs behind me, leaving my parents to their angry muttering.

At the top of the stairs there were suddenly hands on my hips, pulling my butt flush against Jamie’s crotch. Her lips were at my ear, her hot breath making me shiver.

“You have no idea how amazing you look right now.” She mumbled, “Is there a reason you’re wearing these?” She pulled the elastic at the top of my/her underwear and let go, making it hit my skin. I jumped a little.

“Why? Does it turn you on to see me wearing them?” I teased back. She hummed in amusement and pushed me towards my room by my hips.

---

“Are you sure it’s okay?” I asked. We were lying on my bed, her head on my bare stomach, her fingers tracing patterns across the skin there as I stroked her hair.

“Of course it is. You know my mom’s okay with us. In fact, she’d be happy to have you.” She kissed my stomach and my muscles tightened in response. She smiled. “Come on, we should pack your stuff.”

---

“I’m staying with Jamie and her mom.” I stated as I swung my bag over my shoulder in the living room. “I can’t continue to be around people who want to make me hide who I am just because they’re ashamed. Quite frankly, if you can’t accept me for who I am and who I love,” I reached for Jamie’s hand and squeezed, “you don’t deserve to have a daughter. At least Gray can see how happy I am with Jamie.” My parents stared at me, waiting for me to finish. When I didn’t continue, my mother spoke.

"When your relationship fails and you realise this was all just a phase, our door is open to you.” She nodded at my hand, holding Jamie’s.

“Right.” With that I left the room, and then the house, holding Jamie’s hand.

***

Grayham picked us up and took us out for food before dropping us off at Jamie’s place. He still seems convince that he can reason with mom and dad but who knows. He’s furious though. He even offered to let us both stay with him and Laura but we didn’t want to impose.

What I still fail to understand, is why it’s such a big deal for other people what my sexuality is. They didn’t have to struggle with the realisation that they weren’t like everyone else. They didn’t have to endure the sleepless nights wondering ‘what’s wrong with me?’ What they fail to understand, is that they don’t get to choose for me. They don’t get to tell me who to love or what to be.

D x