Wedding prep

23rd March

Dear David,

We’re only a month into wedding prep and almost everything is done! I suppose it should be since they picked the 27th April to get married. Idiots.

***

“I hate this dress.” I sighed. “Aren’t there any more to try?” Laura laughed from her chair. The dress was pink and puffy and everything I disliked.

“I knew you’d hate that one. I only asked you to try it because I thought it would be funny.” She paused and contemplated the dress. “I was right!” She laughed again. “Don’t worry, Jamie’s trying on my favourite as we speak.” I raised my brow in interest and took a seat next to my soon-to-be sister-in-law. We didn’t have to wait long for Jamie to emerge from her changing room. The dress she wore was dark blue, flowing straight down to the floor after being pulled in at the waist. Very simple and elegant. She walked over and twirled for us.

“Huh.” I breathed. She smiled shyly. She was so shy around other people, nothing like how she was when we were alone... I grinned back at her. “Gorgeous.” She turned again. “The dress isn’t too bad either.” I added.

“Hey!” she slapped my arm playfully, pretending to be offended but blushing despite herself. I poked my tongue out at her and turned to Laura.

“Really though, I like this one; very classy.” She nodded thoughtfully to herself and went to get the attention of an assistant. When Laura was gone I stood, pulling Jamie against me. “Hey there.” She laced her arms around my neck, relaxing into me now that we were alone.

“You know, I think that dress really works on you. Pink may be your colour.” She said teasingly. I groaned and leaned my forehead against hers. Smiling, she leaned her head up slightly to peck me on the lips. As she pulled away from me I placed my hands on either side of her face to pull her back to me.

“Not so fast.” I murmured against her lips. I pressed my lips against hers harshly, nothing like her gentle kiss before. Using my thumb, I opened her mouth and the kiss became more heated, though slow. I pulled away slightly to whisper an “I love you.” She blushed and kissed me again, her arms tightening around me, her hand playing with the loose hair at the base of my neck. We separated ourselves reluctantly. “I’ve been waiting all day to do that.” Her hands moved down my arms to rest at my elbows as she gave me a bright smile.

“I know.” She wrapped her arms around me again, this time at the waist, and rested her head on my shoulder, snuggling into my neck. She sighed happily. “I love you too.” She planted a light kiss on my neck as Laura cleared her throat quietly. She and the shop assistant were watching us, a knowing smile on both of their faces.

“Time to get changed?” Laura nodded with a chuckle and started towards us.

“Come on girls, we have more shopping to do.”

***

I flopped back on Jamie’s bed, spreading out lazily. “My family will start arriving soon.” I felt the bed sink next to me where Jamie sat. She hummed in acknowledgement, leaning back against her pillows. I sat up and faced her, sitting between her legs and resting my own over them. She took one of my hands and rubbed her thumb against it absentmindedly.

“So what’s the plan? Are you gonna’ cause a big scene or just get on with it and deal with questions as they come?” I shrugged, leaning forward to rest my head on her shoulder. Her rubbing moved from my hand to my back and I shuffled closer to her.

“Well that depends. What are you most comfortable with?” She sighed, ceasing her rubbing for a few seconds while she thought.

“I’m comfortable with you. I don’t mind how you – no, we – approach this, as long as I get to be open with you. We both spent a long time in the metaphorical closet; I don’t intend to climb back in.” I laced my arms around her waist in a tight hug.

“Me neither, J.” I broke the hug, leaning back. “How about we wait until people ask? I’m sure they’ll want to know who my date is; I’ll introduce them to my stunning girlfriend and they can gasp in shock and awe.” She rubbed my arm fondly, and nodded. “Besides, some of my relatives are pretty open-minded. It’s just a shame some of the others couldn’t also have that trait.” Smiling sadly, she leaned forward, waiting for me to meet her lips with my own. I did so, pulling away after a few seconds.

“They’ll come around.” I nodded in response, leaning forward to kiss her again.

***

My almost sister-in-law is going to have us SUPER busy until the wedding as of tomorrow, so I probably won’t write again until after the wedding. Ha. Let’s see how that goes.

D x

A/N: I am SO sorry about taking so long to update. I promise I'll try harder. I'm sorry if this chapter contains many errors, I haven't written properly in months. Feedback would be nice, but is, obviously, not necessary. Again, I'm sorry, I hope you you don't hate me too much. Please let me know if their's anything you'd like to see our lovebirds do or experience and I'll see what I can do yo work it into the story! I love you all, GMA x