Don't Blink

Jensen didn't find her at first. The warehouse was definitely a dangerous place. With boards, wires, metal grates, and plastic sheetrock handing from the walls, it almost seemed like a Maze. However, Jensen finally found her sitting in one of the gaping holes on the side of the building. Her legs were dangling into the free air and she was staring off somewhere into the distance. 

For a while, he just stood in the dimly lit night at watching her. She seemed so tense, so upset. Jen could almost make out the fumes that were rolling off of her head and shoulders. However, there she was again holding her composure as best as possible. "Calvin..." He let her know of her prescience. However, there was no real need to. Of course she knew he was there, she always knew. 

"Go away Jensen..." Her voice was a low grumble. 

Taking in a deep breath though, he stepped forward and took the seat beside her replicating her exact posture. "I'd rather stay here. Back there, too tense." 

"And I'm not?" She looked up towards the night sky. 

He let the silence drag out for the longest time. Calvin just needed time to cool off. What Aisha brought up was completely uncalled for. Never once did Cal join in on the argument between her and Rogue, but she some how felt the need to take a jab and Calvin. "Look." Jensen huffed knowing she wasn't going to start the conversation. "I'm not here to talk."

"There's a first." 

"All I'm here to say is, you're not alone." he finally choked out. This immediately caused a grin to go across the Marine's lips. Of course she was alone... Her boys were gone. "I know things went south back in Africa. But-" Cal sat up letting him continue. "You really aren't. When this is all over, we'll still all be around Cally... I mean, I know I can't really speak for the other guys, but I promise I will." Her eyes softened at that. "I'll be like the leech you can't get rid of Cally... Always sucking away at you're blood. And probably money." This made her laugh and shake her head. "And one question." He nudged her shoulder. Raising her eyebrow she waited for him to continue. "Can you please fucking teach me how to throw a knife?!" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning was tense and awkward around Aisha, but Calvin was happy to get away as her and Jensen were dropped off at their check point. Their main goal was the convoy truck. Aisha had all the information. There would be decoy's, there would be guards, there would be choppers, but most importantly, inside the main artillery vehicle would be Max. 

Jensen and Calvin were just in charge of setting the plan in motion. 

"There's the prize..." Rogue spoke through the com. Together, him and Clay sat in a staked out old yellow muscle car. "I sure hope Max doesn't see us in this big bright yellow banana pinto." 

Clay responded. "Are you saying you're embarrassed to be seen in an American classic?" 

"This is an American Classic?" The car was beat to shit, but it was a classic by and by. 

Suddenly, the convoy started moving. "Alright guys, here we go." Rogue informed everyone. 

Rogue took the first move. "Let's see what you got." Aiming his red dot scope towards the truck, Rogue pulled the trigger and planted the device against the left side fender. 

Once back inside, Rogue went to buckle his seat belt but found it missing. "Clay, where are the seat belts?"

"You don't need seat belts in a car like this, the G-force will hold you in place."