Mustard

Jake. Was. Livid.

All game he had been on his feet yelling for his neice. She was the star of the team, and the man wasn't afraid to let everyone know.

Aisha was egging him on, clay was shaking his head, pooch was covering his new daughter's ears, his wife was laughing uncontrollably, and coug was sitting with his girlfriend ashamed of the man next to him. Meanwhile, Jake's sister seemed to be able to tone the man out.

Standing tall, Jake showed off his petunia pride by wearing the bright pink shirt his niece had sent over to him while he was overseas. "Jen, I'll bet ya ten bucks the Petunias lose." Aisha tried.

Clay immediately cut her off. "No. No bets." Jake didn't even seem to hear her though.

"That's a balony call!" He hollered towards the ref.

"Jake." Clay hissed at him. "Sit down."

"No! It's not my fault she can't call a good game!"

"They are like 8." Pooch groaned.

"And she's playing like she's twelve, they need to keep up." He motioned towards his neice. "I'm hungry, I'll be back. Anybody want anything?"

They all took in a breath of relief. "No. We're good. Thanks."

In a fit of rage, the grown man stomped down the bleachers and headed towards the concession stand.

As soon as he was on the ground, Jake could feel his phone buzz. Pulling it out, he stood in line for his food. It was a random number, one he had never seen before.

Nice shirt.  It read.

Thinking that it was a wrong number, he ignored the message bad slid it back into his pocket.

"Hi what can I get you?" The lady asked.

"Hi, can I get a hotdog with some mustard?"

"Absolutely. That'll be $1.50."

Handing over the money, he waited for his food.

Again, his phone buzzed.

Really, again? Gross.

In confusion, he looked around but didn't see anyone. They had to have had the wrong number...

"Here you go sir!" She handed him the hot dog. "Enjoy the game!"

"Thank you!"

Slowly, walking towards the entrance to the soccer stadium, Jake leaned against the fence and looked at his phone again.

Completely tuned out from the world around him, Jake never even saw it coming.

All of a sudden a voice shook him to his core. "What, too cool to answer back?"

Snapping his head to his right, Jake instantly dropped his hit dog wrapping his arms around her. "Calvin! Oh my god!"

Never liking hugs, cal chuckled patting his chest. "Hey there big guy."

"What are you doing here?" Pulling back he grabbed her by her shoulders.

Not being able to hold back her laugh, she just shook her head. "I was in town and figured I'd stop by. Dont pretend like you missed me or anything."

"Jesus Christ I did! I haven't heard anything from you in what, months? I didn't know if you were alive or hurt or if you needed help, where you were, how you were, I just-"

"Jake, jake!" She laughed snapping in his face. "I'm alive.. I haven't moved in on anything yet."

"Good.." he nodded. "But hey look, I'm not the only one that missed you. The guys, they are over here." Together they started walking towards the crowd. "Are you gonna stick around? Like are you here for a few days?"