The Way That It Started

Pooch, Aisha and Coug. all stood watching as Clay plummeted towards the water. 

It had all happened so fast. Rogue was gone, Clay made sure of it. After Aisha had swooped in and saved the day, his first priority was his long time friend. They had been rolling together for years, long before the Losers had even became a team. 

So, even though Rogue was the one responsible for this mess, Clay made sure that his death was fast. As he was trying to escape, Rogue resorted to a plane. After a long 20 minutes of hand to hand combat- he decided to take out the engine first. It all went down in flames. Their friendship, their team, their history. Rogue was gone, and this was almost over. 

Now Clay was falling to save the others. 

Max had been working on something. With his private little researchers, they were able to create a weapon so powerful it could blow this entire island off the map without leaving a scrap. And the detonater? It was currently on a timer falling into the ocean before him. He needed to get it, he needed to pressurize the trigger. Otherwise, it would blow them all to pieces. 

This came with a price though. Saving his team would mean having to let max go, and that's just what he did. 

As soon as Clay hit the water, his team shuffled forward in a panic. It was a large fall, and most of the time going head first like he did would knock someone unconciouss. If that happened to Clay, they were all dead, no doubt about it. 

So, they held their breath. 

Aisha held onto Coug, Coug held onto Pooch, and Pooch was barely supporting himself. 

The splash settled into the water and slowly the ocean leveled over his point of entry. Somewhere behind the group, a chopper took off and flew up towards the platform that Max was standing on. Before they could do anything, he had climbed aboard and the chopper began take off. 

Out of nowhere though, their attention was pulled back to the water as Clay broke through the surface. As he did, the Loser's leader extended his hand upwards showing that he had caught what he was looking for. Clay had gotten ahold of the detonater. They were safe. 

A wave of relief washed over the three on shore. They could go after Max another day. For now, they were just happy to be alive. 

Aisha was quick to run to the side and offer Clay her hand. He took it gratefully and worked to hoist himself out of the water as Max's chopper lifted from the pad. 

Once in the air, the bastered stood on the side watching with amazement. 

He was expecting his island to blow up, but obviously that wasn't the case here. 

So, slowly, they stood in slight defeat as Max was hoisted further and further away from them. 

They would track him, they would find him, and they will kill him. It was only a matter of time before that day came, and today was just not that day. 

"Clay." A broken voice called from behind the four making them turn around. 

There, everyone's hearts sank. Jen was pretty much supporting her entire body weight, the soldier refused to walk on one of her legs, and she was nearly soaked in blood from head to toe. 

"Jesus Christ." Clay muttered as Coug handed over pooch and went to support her other side. They cut the distance to her making sure she didn't have to walk more than she had to. 

"Easy Senorita." Coug. practically picked up her other half. 

It was then that she reached to her belt line of her shirtless torn up body and handed Clay a small device. It was another detonater, but one that they brought with them. 

"End this shit the way it started." her tired and broken eyes crept upwards towards his, then, she looked to the chopper. 

Clay hesitated for a second, looking at the small remote. Just what had they done? What was Calvin referring to. With a small nod from Jake though, he took it and turned towards what she was looking at. 

Then, with one click of a button, it had all made sense. 

Jake and Calvin had set the chargers, they had made sure that Max wasn't going to get away. 

So, with the click of a button, Clay ended this shit show just the way that it started. 

The ring sounded, the charges set, and as soon as his thumb hit even plastic, the chopper ahead of them burst into flames. Pieces of metal and debris flew outwards before trickling into the ocean below. Then, in one final crash, the bird imploded into the large body of water. 

That was it, they had did it. 

Calvin's heart ached even more watching the bird explode. It was the same way that her boys went out, only this time- it wasn't them. 

It was Max, the man who started this all, the second link to the man that she had in her sites, Simmons. 

As Calvin stood there taking in the flames. She knew exactly just what she was going to do. She was going to find Simmons, she was going to make sure that he knew just what he did to her, he as going to pay for the lives that he took. They were her boys, her life, her world; and for that, Calvin swore to herself that his death would be much slower than Maxs'.