Losing All Control

Jensen held her cold lifeless body close to his chest trying to give her as much warmth as possible.

As soon as they were back at the safe house, the boys raced towards the medical supplies. Pooch went straight to his long supply bench and wiped everything onto the floor with a swing of an arm. Weapon pieces, car parts, and anything else on top skipped across the floor in a heap.

Taking the hint, Jake placed her on top of it as softly as possible.

"Jensen, go get the kit out of the swat truck." Pooch instructed.

The guy was in a panic, he couldn't leave her, not now. He needed to be right at her side.

Seeing him stuck in place next to her, pooch grabbed his arms letting coug take over. "Jen, Jen look at me." He spoke to his friend. "You did all that you could, now you have to help us do the same. Stay with us kid, keep your head here."

"Coug!" Clay yelled. "Check and see if the bullets passed through. Where's that med kit?"

Jake bit his lip and took and sharp breath. Then, not saying a word to pooch, he took off towards the truck searching for the medical kit.

"I can help!" Aisha stepped around them lighting as many lanterns as possible and switching on lamps. "Just tell me what you need."

"No, you just stay the hell away from us!" Rogue pointed towards her angirly. "You've done enough!"

"Look, we have our differences but in the end we both want the same thing. We're on the same Team here like it or not, I can get you supplies!"

"You can fuck off is what you can do!" Pooch picked up a wrench with his now blood soaked hands.

As soon as Jake was back, he set the medical kit down and stepped in  "Stop arguing!" He yelled. "For five god damn seconds and think this through!" They all turned to him except for cougar. Instead, he worked on prying the bullet out of her shoulder.

Digging in deep with the tweezers, it was apparent that he had struck a nerve when her body lurched forward, a blood curdling scream filled the air.

Without a second thought the boys were running to hold her down as coug did the same. Jake went straight to her upper body and tried talking to her. "Cal, cal it's us!" He hollered through her cries. "Calm down, please!"

In a long cry, she called for him. Jensen's name rolled off her lips in a long plea.

"I'm right here, breath. Just breath." Everyone sat back holding their positions as he spoke to her. "Slower... slower." He referred to the heaves in her chest.

She still had a heartbeat, Calvin was still fighting.

"You can get us supplies?" Jake looked up from Calvin's now unconscious body to Aisha.

Staring in a panic to the soldier, Aisha eventually nodded yes .

"Then do it." He spoke sternly.

"Jake-" Clay tried warning.

"Pain meds, sterile tools, bandages, anything you can and you haul ass back here, do you understand?" Aisha nodded again and grabbed ahold of the car keys to her left. "I swear to god." Jake warned staring her down. "If you don't come, I will find you do you understand me?" The woman looked at him completely fixed. "I will find you, I will kill you, and anyone you have ever known. No matter how far you run, or how well you hide, I. Will. Find. You."

Silence rung through the air, none of the guys ever seeing Jensen like this. There was no joking in his eyes, no sign of the usual jokes he played. The soldier was serious, he was locked down and waiting for a response.

"We're wasting time." She nodded and began walking backwards.

"Go." Then, he turned right back towards Calvin cupping her pale face lightly.

Coug had gone back to work on her shoulder. "Jensen..." Clay spoke in a lower tone.

The sound of the engine pulling away wasn't even enough to pull his eyes off of her. So, as an answer, he pulled out a flat screened device and slammed it on the counter behind him. "The cars bugged, I'm not stupid."

Once the bullet was out of her shoulder, again she had woken up with a cry. All the boys held her down again. "Chiquita, Chiquita calmate..." Coug tried whispering to her.

"Coug?" Her lips quivered hearing his voice.

"Si, alli. Alli"

"Coug.." She breathed trying to speak. "Coug, i-" Suddenly, her ability to speak had been cut off all at once.

Instead, her eyes popped open and her jaw had locked. "Calvin?" Jake tried hearing her make some sort of choking noise.

She couldn't respond.

She had lost all control.

Her body began flailing violently, her eyes rolling into the back of her head. "She's going into cardiac arrest!" Clay screamed grabbing ahold of her arm. "Hold her down!"

Jake did as his leader said and grabbed her other arm. Coug stabilized her head as rogue and pooch took position on her legs.

Each muscle contorted beneath them begging to be let free.

Minutes passed, and it didn't stop. Ever now and again a sharp cry of pain would be released through her lips, but no words. All Jensen and the boys could do was watch in horror.

Finally, it stopped. However, with it, so did her breathing.

"No, no, no." Jake put her head in his hands listening for any sign of life. But it was gone, just like it had been hours before.

Grabbing a hold of the girl, he set her on the ground and crouched above her. Without instruction to the others, Jake immediately began to recessitate. 30 compressions on, 2 breaths in. 30 compressions on, 2 breaths in. It's what he had done on the van the entire way here, her blood pressed onto his lips from her dried ones.

There was no stopping him, he couldn't lose her.

Seconds turned to minutes, and minutes turned to hours. No matter how hard the losers tried to get him to stop, he wouldn't.

He would keep her alive by his own hands for as long as they needed. Aisha was coming back, she said that she would... she had to come back.

"Come on Cal." He hissed in between compressions. "Keep fighting. Stay with me."

Quickly, he pushed in a breath.

Her lips were cold, lifeless, and in no way like he ever thought they would be. The normal fire that he would see beneath her bright blue eyes was gone.

"Don't give up Cal. Come on back." He breathed for her again. "Come back to me, please." The boys prepared for Aisha arrival, but everyone had their doubts that she would.

He wouldn't give up though. Nothing was enough to drag him away. Not the sweat dripping down his brow, not the constant ache in his upper arms, or the tears that were threatening to spill at any moment. There wasn't a damn thing in this world that could pull him away from Calvin at this time, not even the roar of the engine ahead. He couldn't abandon her now, and neither could aisha.