You're a Loser Too

"Get up kid." His deep voice called out to her before a swift nudge moved her leg to the side.

Shooting up in surprise, Calvin looked around the bright room in a panic. At first, she was blinded. "What?" Her voice echoed around her.

"You're alright." He spoke again. "You're safe."

Soon enough, inch by inch, her vision dialed in. That's when she saw it, and her breath easy swept away none the less. "Walker!" She sprang forward throwing herself into his arms. "You're alive?!"

"Of course I'm alive." He chuckled pushing her back slightly to look at her. "You okay kid? You hit your head pretty good."

There was no denying it, Calvin was happier than she had been in a long time. "Yeah, yeah I'm perfect." Her smile didn't fade towards her father figure. "But where are we?"

"Chinese hospital." He muttered somewhat annoyed. "Told the paramedics you were fine, but they insisted bring your ass here. The guys are out in the waiting room, kicks sniffing out something to eat."

"What happened?"

"Intel was wrong." He peeked out the window towards the busy city. "The building was supposed to be dead. Didn't count for the shrapnel explosive though. You saw it first, pushed me out of the way. Got a wicked concussion with it."

"Hey, sleeping beauty!" Kick's voice rung out making her spin around.

As soon as he was in sight, she was in his arms just like Walker. "Whoa, calvin." He chuckled caught off guard. "Buy me dinner first."

"I missed you you big idiot." She buried her head deep into his chest.

"Cal..." He looked down to her confused. "You've only been out for a few hours?"

Soon, Haze and Sanchez were walking into the room as well with the same confused looks.

Calvin however, stepped back looking at them all.

She remembered this day exactly, the job they were assigned to that landed her ass in the hospital with a concussion. It was almost two years before they lost Walker, and so many more before she lost them all.

Recalling this moment in time, she stared out the door waiting for the gurney to roll by with the elder man. Almost as if on que, the squeaky wheels worked their way past her door and down the grey hallway.

"You're not real..." Her voice broke to a monotone.

Haze was the one the speak up this time. "What? Calvin, we're right here."

"Are the doctors sure this is just a concussion?" Sanchez looked around for a doctor.

"No." She immediately protested. "You're not real... you're all dead... and so am I."

She looked around in sadness.

In that moment, all time had seemed to stop. The nurses froze where they were, the machines stopped groaning and beeping, the city life had come to a complete stop.

"Not yet." Walker called to her.

By now, all the boys had changed their expressions, and so had their environment.

The hospital room was gone, and in the blink of an eye she was standing in a white fog. Her boys were circled around her, each watching her with careful eyes.

They were dressed in what looked to be their last outfits. Each uniforms was brand new, clean, and put together, not like they were back in reality. "Where am I?" She echoed to them.

Walker took a sigh. "You're in Limbo, kid."

Kick added to it. "It's a place that we didn't get to go."

"You get to choose." Chris breathed from behind her.

Confusion wrecked her mind. "Chose?"

"Life or death." Walker cut straight to the point.

"I don't understand."

"They revived you." Haze muttered. "The losers."

"You get a choice to either stay with us, or go back to them." Chris crossed his arms.

A long silence drew out between them all. "You need to go back, Cal." Kick whispered shaking his head. "We want you here, with us, we do." They all held their gaze. "But  you need to go back."

"Why?"

"You can't leave yet." Walker sounded stern as always. "You're job isn't done."

"Job?"

"To get home calvin." She looked to Danny with sad eyes.

Sanchez growled "You get back to Anna, to my kids, to our families, and you tell them the truth. Then you go."

"Go?"

"You find the son of a bitch that did this, and you send him up here." Kick matched the tone.

"And you help them." Walker turned towards her  "You help the losers get home."

"I can't do it." She shook her head. "Not without you guys, not alone."

"But you can. And you will."

"Why?"

"Because it's not fair." Walker locked eyes with her sternly. "It's not fair to put this on you. To give you all these orders when all we can do is watch. But you're the only one that can do this Cal. Our families think we're dead, and the public thinks we're traitors. Simmons is just going to rear end someone else, unless if you can stop him."

"The guy thinks you died cal." Kick nodded.

"I did." She shook her head. "As soon as that bird went up in flames."

"And we're sorry this is on you kid." Chris sighed. "But you're the only one that could ever handle it."

"We can't tell you what to do kid, but we can tell you what's right." Walker finally drew their attention back to him. "You're on your own now, we can't come back. But we will be with you, every step of the way... I have one last order, if you're willing to accept it." Silently, she balled her fists and waited for him to continue. "Find Simmons, expose him, and then do what's right. Live for more than just you cal, live for us. For the ones that didn't get a choice."

Knowing what she had to do, Calvin closed her eyes and threw her body into Walker's. "I miss you guys... so much."

Soon enough, the other boys were hugging her as well. "We know kid, we miss you too."

"Promise me ill see you again?"

"We can promise all you want, but you're not going to remember it." Kick chuckled. "There's always some type of loop hole. You know that."

Pulling herself tighter to her boys, she took in a long breath admiring their scents. They were her family, the one thing that was always there. Now? Now they were leaving, again. "What does it feel like? To let go?"

In this moment in time, she was so vulnerable. In the real world she was cold, hard, and emotionless. But here? Here she was home, and here she was the same little girl that Walker had picked up from that dumpster.

"It's peaceful." They all agreed, "But something you are far from experiencing."

Calvin sighed and closed her eyes taking them in one last time. "Goodbye boys."

"You'll always be our girl Cal, no matter how far apart we are. No matter what. Your ours, but you're a loser too."