Prologue

I looked around at the shattered glass covering his room as I slid down the wall slowly. The broken mirror had flipped over only a couple inches from me. The lamp had somehow ended across the room and the few pictures he had up were now on the floor.

I brought my fingers to my neck wincing at the burning sensation. I knew it would leave a horrible bruise, however I didn't care about my condition.

I grabbed my phone unlocking it and clicking on his contact name. I placed my shattered phone to my ear as I bit my lip in anticipation, tasting the salty liquid that covered my face.

It rang.

And rang,

And rang.

I felt a new river of tears as the voicemail sounded.

I didn't care that we had completely destroyed his room, that he had threw my phone so hard it was almost impossible to see the screen.

I didn't care that he had nearly choked me to death.

I was more worried about the look in his eyes, a look I had never saw before in my life.

I would never forget that look.

I knew how he could get when he got angry. I knew he had no control of his words. It always angered me how he reacted when he got mad.

Always so quick to say and do hurtful things.

However his words were that he had to "leave before he laid my dumb ass out."

It didn't matter who was wrong or who was right in this situation. I just wanted to see him. To have him in my sight so I had some kind of control over this... this mess.

I leaned my head against the wall as I reminisced on how the fuck I got here.....