13

Justine

Justine

The first thing I noticed when I got out of Shannon's car was that my front door was wide open. I frowned and picked up my pace as I closed the door to Shannon's car.

I had told him to drop me off a little ways down from my house just in case my parents were home.

As I crossed the yard to my house i noticed my mom car wasn't in the driveway.

I began to think maybe we were getting robbed and hesitantly stepped up the driveway.

I didn't have a phone on me so i couldn't call the police or my parents so that was out of question. I jumped at the sound of a horn and turned around to see Shannon outside the car looking confused.

"Whatchu' doin?" He yelled from afar and I started to walk back across the road to him.

I knew something wasn't right and my ass was not about to be killed tryin to investigate.

I heard a loud cry from inside the house and frowned turning around slowly.

"What the.." I whispered to my self.

I took a few steps closer to the door and peeked inside and gasped immediately at the sight before me.

"Oh my god!" I yelled sprinting into the house. I kneeled down getting a closer look at the body laying before me.

"Bri.." I let out a low sob as I held her head in my arms. She lay sprawled out on the floor, laying on her back with her eyes fighting to stay open.

Dry blood stained her once rich brown skin. Her skin felt cold and she seemed to be a few shades darker but it could've been the the dirt that had accumulated over the last couple of weeks.

Her clothes consisted of a oversized dingy white shirt and a pair of boyshort underwear. Her legs were fully on show and she had fresh bruises around her ankles and wrists.

Her hair was now un even as if someone had deliberately went and chopped it off. My eyes traveled down her face when I stopped and cringed at the sight of her lips.

They were bleeding.

She momentarily met my gaze and my bottom lip trembled as a lone tear fell down her cheek. Her face twisted up slightly before she rested her head against my arms once again.

"Bri Im gonna get you help okay." I spoke snapping out of my daze. She spoke nothing as she quietly gasped for air.

"I'm sorry." She whispered almost inaudibly.

"No! This isn't your fault you-"

She shook her head and pouted as her eyes watered. "I should've w-went home." She spoke. "I should've went ho-home." she repeated talking so lowly I could hardly hear her.