22

Remember this is is continuing off from chapter 21!

Omniscient

Justine leaned her head against the steel wall and closed her eyes momentarily

Justine leaned her head against the steel wall and closed her eyes momentarily. Exhaustion took over her body and slowly she began to doze off until there was a loud slam in the small, cold room.

Her body jumped at the sound as her eyes shot open.

"Good morning sunshine!" She heard a familiar voice yell.

She blinked trying to get rid of her blurry vision and the sight of the same detective who had been questioning her for hours came into her view.

I brung her hands up to her hair and she slowly massaged her scalp. Her head felt like someone had beat her with a hammer and her entire body ached everywhere. She was incredibly tired, so much that she could barely hold her head up.

She held her head in her hands as the detective sat across from her.

They sat quiet for a few seconds before she groaned at the next words he muttered.

"Tell me again."

She shook her head hopelessly as she uncovered her battered face. "I told you all I fucking know! What do you want from me?"

"The truth Ms. Norman."

"I am telling you the-" she raised her voice but stopped, breathing deeply before starting again, "I'm telling you the truth, I don't know  what else to tell you." She stared into his pale face.

He smirked before he grabbed his water bottle taking a swing. He chuckled sitting it back down on the small table. He took a seat across from her and crossed his arms, analyzing Justine.

"You wanna know what this looks like to me?" He paused raising his eyebrows, talking in a amusing tone. "You and the victim were sleeping around, except this time boyfriend comes home early-"

"No!" Justine interjected shaking my head.

"He pops the victim and you and him get into a scuffle-"

"Stop it!

"His fingerprints are all over the gun! It's over-"

"Of course they are it's his gun!"

"-which he owns illegally by the way, let me tell you missy," He stood up, pointing his long finger in her face.