20

Shannon

I swerved into the right lane not bothering to put on my blinkers. I ignored the sounds of horns honking behind me and sighed as I felt my phone vibrate in the cupholder.

I answered it, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"I'm almost there Ju." I answered.

"What? Nigga I left my game at yo house Ima come thru and get it." I heard a deep voice come through the phone. I thought it was Justine calling again.

"Aite." I hung up on him just as I parked alongside the curb of Justine's house.

The front door was open to their house and there was bags by the door. I shook my head not bothering to cut my car off as I got out.

I could hear her father yelling from outside as I walked up the pathway.

I seen Justine sitting on the couch with her head in her hands as he stood over her going off.

"Justine." I spoke up as her dad began to inch closer to her than he already was.

She looked up and I felt my stomach drop at the sight of her face. Although I had seen her cry before, I had never seen her like this. She had tears streaming down her face, her eyes were red and she looked hopeless.

Her dad turned around furrowing his eyebrows at the sight of me. He turned around fully staring me down.

"This the lil' nigga you runnin' round wit'?" He turned back towards her. "Huh!" He yelled making her jump.

"No- I mean-" She stuttered quietly before he interrupted her.

"Who the fuck is you?" He turned to be getting in my face.

I stood quiet staring him in his eyes, clenching my jaw. He chuckled.

"You think you a man? You ain't no man, you a lil' punk that knocked up a fuckin' child-"

I clenched my jaw, furrowing my eyebrows. I shifted my gaze to her as she stared at me sobbing. She shifted her eyes to the ground covering her face up.

"You pregnant?" I spoke quietly, out of words.

"Oh you scared ni huh? You wun' scared when you was laying down wit her was you?" I heard her mama yell and turned just now realizing she was in the room.

"Get the hell out my house! Now." She yelled pointing to the door. "Both of you, you think you grown? Ima treat you like you grown!" She turned to Justine.

Her father began pushing to the door and I immediately tensed up. "Yeen' gotta touch me." I stared at him with a hard expression.

"What you gone do bout it lil nigga!?" He yelled in my face getting buck. "You think you hard? You ain't hard! Probably still suckin on ya mama tittie!"

Justine stood beside us holding her hand out to her dad. "Dad please!" She cried, pushing him back.

"Get out! And don't fucking come back! I mean it Justine!" He yelled throwing a dirty look towards her and walking off. She looked at her mother, her bottom lip trembling.