14

Can't believe I'm almost to 10k with this story! Thank you guys so much! ❤️❤️

Another update coming tomorrow too guys so look out 🤘🏽

Justine

"Fortunetly Briana is in stable condition, however the injuries she succumbed will take time to heal-"

I let out a breath of relief and out of he corner of my eye I could see my parents hugging.

"Thank you Jesus!" My mom exclaimed raising her hands in the air.

The doctor told us Bri had a broken arm, a twisted ankle, and a broken blood vessel in her eye. She had multiple bruises on her body and severe swelling around her eye, resulting from her black eye.

"Can we see her? Where is she?" My dad spoke impatiently.

"We've put her on some heavy sleeping aids because she was severely fatigued," the doctor explained. "We recommend only a few people at once-"

My mother quickly interrupted her. "What room?"

The doctor sighed slyly and peeked down at his clipboard. "Floor 3, room 213 and ma'am-"

My mother took off towards the elevator my waiting to hear another word.

The ride up was unbelievably awkward, I knew they were upset and confused about me not coming home tonight.

"Mom I'm sorry-"

"I don't want to hear it." She gave me a side eye before she cut her eyes at me and continued staring at the elevator wall. I bit my lip looking away.

When we got to Bri's room, she was hooked up to what seemed like millions wires and although they had cleaned her up a bit, the bruises on her arms and face were still evident. She was sleep and finally seemed at peace.

I sat in the corner in a chair with my legs to my chest as my mother and father stood by her bedside.

There was a knock at the door and then it opened displaying the doctor. "May I speak with you two please?" I peeked behind him and saw there were two police officers standing closely behind.

I sunk back in my seat as they all went back out into the hall and closed the door leaving Bri and I in the room alone.

I stood up after a moment and walked over towards her bed.

I ran my fingers through her hair and sighed. She would have to cut it all off after this.

I began to turn around and return to my seat when all of a sudden Bri began to scream distraughtly. I jumped placing my hand over my heart.

"Stop! No please get off of me!!" She threw her hands in the air, as if she were fighting for her life. Her legs kicked wildly and her eyes were shut closed.

I backed up looking in shock as she continued to yell and scream.

The door bust open and my mothers wet face came into view.

"What happened!?" My dad yelled running towards Bri.

"Nurse!!!" The doctor yelled outside the door before he pushed me out the way coming to Bri's aid.

Later that day I sat in my bedroom staring at my wall in thought.

My parents insisted that I go home since I had school in the morning and Briana had to stay overnight so they could observe her.