3

Justine

"I give up this is too hard." I said putting the eyebrow pencil down.

"Justine it takes practice, here-" Nae handed me some face wipes. "try again and take your time."

We were currently at her house and she was teaching me how to do my own eyebrows. I usually went to my mom every week to get them waxed but she insisted that they would look popping if I filled them in too.

I traced my natural eyebrow shape slowly with her eyebrow brush before I got a skinny brush and went under them with concealer.

I turned towards her with a stale face. She looked up from her phone and grinned nodding. "They look bomb girl!"  I rolled my eyes walking over to her bed and grabbing the last muffin out the box.

She took a double take before she popped up frowning. "Nope! You already ate yo' half put it back!"

I quickly took a bite. "Oops I thought u had one more left sorry!" I smiled crossing my legs.

She sat staring at me with her mouth open. "What? Here you want the rest?" I offered knowing she would decline. She just looked at me as if I had broken her heart.

A couple seconds passed of her sulking and I giggled. "Your such a baby, cmon lets go eat." She narrowed her eyes at me. "My treat?"

She hopped of the bed turning off her TV and slipping on her converses walking out the door. I laughed grabbing my wrist purse and following behind her.

Once we made it to the famous diner named The Joint, we got seated and we both ordered burgers and ate in a comfortable silence.

"So please tell me how Jaylin got my number?" Nae rolled her eyes unlocking her phone.

I giggled as she showed me the texts he had been sending her.

Each one she had ignored.

"His ass obviously can't take a hint!" Nae scrolled down the thread.

"Maybe he's just persistent." I said humorously, throwing a fry in my mouth.

"Mm, more like stalkerish." She sipped her drink. "I'm so ready to graduate tho, I'm ready for a new scenery."

"You know you just moved right Nae?"

She waved me off. "Girl I moved two neighborhood away, ain' nothing new." I chuckled.

We graduated in only 3 months and honestly I wasn't too excited like everyone else.

It's scary taking that next step into adulthood.

My phone began vibrating and I held it up seeing I had an incoming call from my Daddy.

"Hey daddy." I spoke wiping my hands on a napkin.

"Hey baby girl what you doing?" His deep voice rumbled through the phone.

"Nothing, just eating out with a friend."

"A friend? Bet not be none of these nappy headed boys walking round-" He slurred. He was obviously drunk.

"Daddy no! It's not a boy!" I rolled my eyes as Nae chuckled sipping her shake.

"Okay okay I'm just making sure ya' know ya daddy love you, no matter what ya mama tell you just know-" I groaned silently pulling the phone away from my ear for a few seconds as he rambled on.

"Justine? Justine ya' hear me?"

"Yes daddy I hear you I'ma call you right back when I get home okay?" I lied.