6

Justine

I swept up the balls of hair in my moms shop as she talked on the phone. Marley was sitting on one of the couches doing her homework and listening to music with her new headphones.

I laughed quietly at how funny she looked, the headphones were bigger than her entire head.

After I finished I sat down and checked my phone.

I hadn't spoken to Shannon since yesterday, when he tried to have sex with me and I stopped him.

I felt so embarrassed that he would even think that I'm the type of girl to have sex with a boy I've only known for a month.

I wondered what vibe I gave off making him think I rolled that way.

He left acting like he was mad at me after I turned him down and honestly I'm glad I did. Now I know what kind of guy he truly is.

I rolled my eyes as I deleted his contact and threw my phone in my lap.

"Y'all ready to go?" Mama asked after she finished talking on the phone.

She locked up the salon and we got home a little after nine o'clock.

Mama sent Marley to wash up and go to bed and I grabbed my leftover Olive Garden and went into my room.

I popped open my lid on my shrimp Alfredo and my mouth watered as steam rose. I swirled my fork in before shoving a mouthful into my mouth.

"Justine text Bri and tell her to bring her fast ass home now!" My mom appeared in my doorway looking pissed.

She must've checked Bri's room and saw she was gone.

I nodded sending a text to Bri.

ma said come home

I checked and it said she had read it but didn't respond. I shrugged and continued eating my food.

"What she say?!" Mama yelled from her room.

"She ain't respond." I yelled.

"Huh?!"

"She ain't reply!" I yelled louder this time.

She ain't say nothing else so I closed my door and jumped in my bed

"Why you never wanna come to my house no mo'?" Nae said turning her lip up playfully.

I shrugged. "I always come to your house."

She smacked her lips taking a sip of her soda.

"Here come Jaylin." I mumbled as she perked up and looked around.

"Where?" I giggled as I watched her smack her lips once again.

"You get on my nerves damn." She said laughing. "And plus ain't nobody stuntin' that boy." She waved me off grabbing her phone.

I rolled my eyes. Nae and Jaylin had began talking a few weeks back when he mysteriously got her number. She was mad at first but I think she's beginning to like him now.

"Justine." I turned around and faced Bri. She had showed up at school today but failed to come home tonight. I tried asking her where she was but all she says is to mind my own business and from now on that's what I'm going to do.

If she wanna be a dumb ass and follow behind a grown ass man then that's her problem.

I raised my eyebrow, still salty at how she spoke to me earlier.