24

2 months later

2 months later..

Justine

"Justine!" I heard my mother yell from down the hall. I put down the clothes I was unpacking and stood to my feet to go see what she wanted.

I rounded the corner going into the living room to see her standing up on a chair trying to reach the ceiling fan.

"Hold my legs while I cut this thing on." She spoke looking down at me.

"The switch don't work?" I asked coming up behind her and holding her so she won't fall.

"Yeah but I have to flip a switch." She said before we heard a soft click. "There. You done in your room?"

"Almost, I only have one suitcase left."

She nodded climbing down off the chair. "Well we going to eat in a few so try to hurry."

I nodded walking back into my room.

A lot had changed over only two months. After being put in jail I could have sworn my life was over. That was until the court found out evidence was tampered with. India came clean about being involved and because of how the whole case was compromised, the judge let both Shannon and I off on the murder charge.

While I was happy that I was able to go home, I was also devastated when I got the news that Shannon was still trying to beat the gun charges. And to add on the more of the drama, there was apparently more stuff in the house, including drugs. Not just a little marijuana either, according to the police, his closet was filled with it.

So not only does he face gun charges, he also faces drug possession and drug distribution.

I was pissed at him for weeks, not answering his calls, not visiting him.

I was so mad that he couldn't be here with me. I was mad he didn't tell about the drugs he was hiding.

I was mad that he lied to me about the charges he was facing.

I was mad that I was all alone, having to face my parents and every else by myself.

When I went to my second doctors appointment I realized that it wasn't just about me anymore. I had to think of the little person inside of me now. Even though I was so mad at him at the moment, I didn't want to rob him of the tiny bit of cooperation he could give in the process.

So I sucked it up and went to see him. It wasn't easy seeing as my whole family hates him, well except Bri.

Bri got one of her friends to take us, in order for our parents not to find out.