- Two -

My alarm clock blared to life, making me jump and look around frantically. When I seen that everything was normal, I sighed in relief. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I then ran my fingers through my hair and laughed humorlessly. "That was a freaky dream..." I murmured, thinking about the bright yellow eyes. My mind had played tricks on me, and it seemed to bring them to my dreams. Shaking the sudden uncomfortable feeling I had away, I carefully got out of bed and dressed for school. Thankfully it was Friday so I'd have the weekend away from everyone, but then when I really thought about it I wasn't getting an escape. I was going to have to bare the company of my father for the entire weekend.

After I dressed, I pulled my hoody over my head and gasped slightly when my ribs protested the movement. Finally managing to get the hoody on, I grabbed my books and headed towards the kitchen. I looked around, expecting to see my father, but again I didn't see him. Frowning, I quickly made my way out of the house and towards school. I didn't see him last night, nor today. It was strange, but then it wasn't all that strange. He disappeared when he wanted to and came home when he felt like it. He wasn't concerned about me, and honestly I shouldn't be about him.

I stopped, and stared at the building that had made my life miserable for the past two and a half years. School. Most kids don't like school simply because they have to get up early and such, but I wish that was my case. I wish that I was the normal teen who complained about all the work, and getting up so early. Sighing in defeat I walked into the building and headed straight for my locker. Of course, I couldn't make it to my locker without an incident just didn't work that way. I was shoved to the side, which resulted in my dropping my books. Biting my lip to keep from saying anything, I bent down and began to pick them up.

As I reached for the last book, someone else grabbed it before me and handed it to me. Shocked I only stared at the book and the hand that held it. "Aren't you going to take it?" The very male voice asked. Finally shaking away the shock, I looked up and swallowed when first noticed the light blue eyes staring back at me. It took me a moment, but then I realized it was Isaiah Montgomery. Looking to the left, I seen his younger brother Jeremiah who was smiling at me and nearly ran the opposite way. These guys weren't your normal teen's in this school, they were 'the' teens. The hottest, and most wanted and while I felt no attraction to either of them I didn't want to be accused of it. It would just make my last weeks here in school that much harder.

Quickly grabbing the book, and mumbling a thank you, I turned and ran the other way. I could hear the brothers yell at me, but I didn't stop. I didn't want them to talk to me, especially not them. Unfortunately, not thinking clearly I ran the opposite direction of my first class. When the bell rang, and my brain finally realized the mistake I groaned. I was now going to have to explain why I was late, and one thing I definitely wasn't good at was lying. I stopped running. "Maybe I should just skip class?" I asked to myself, then nearly screamed when someone tapped on my shoulder, spinning around my mouth dropped open when I seen Isaiah and Jeremiah holding in their laughter. "W-what?" I asked, backing away.

Jeremiah frowned at the action, but I ignored him and watched Isaiah. "You dropped your pen and I tried to call you back, but you just kept running. You're pretty quick, you know that?"

Though he was obviously complimenting me, I frowned. Why was he even talking to me? And, for fudge sake why was he being nice?! "Are you okay?" Jeremiah then asked, watching me with intense eyes, that made me nervous.

Nodding probably too quickly, I grabbed the pen. "I'm fine. Thank you- eh for returning the pen and for helping me earlier."

Jeremiah stopped me from turning and leaving them, "why do you let them do that to you?"

I faked confusion, "do what?"

Jeremiah glared knowingly, "you know what. You let them push you around, and you take it. I'm curious to know why?"

I felt my anger suddenly spike and glared back, taking a step forward. "I don't know you, you don't know me and have no right to judge me on what I do or don't do. Mind your own business and stay out of mine!" I hissed, turned and walked away.

"Hey!" I heard Jeremiah call, but then heard Isaiah's hushed tones. "Leave it, what's gotten into you?!"

I rushed off, deciding to ditch school period. I didn't know what his problem was, or why he seemed to care but I wasn't going to allow it. I couldn't.