- Thirty -

I woke to a blinding light, groaning I covered my eyes. I took a deep breath, instantly smelling the breakfast that was cooking downstairs. My stomach grumbled as the smell settled and I got out of bed, did my business in the bathroom, and dressed in record time. I walked out of my room and towards the kitchen, the smell getting stronger each step I take. When I walked into the kitchen I nearly moaned as the scent of bacon, eggs, toast and everything else combined together.

"Good morning." My eyes instantly found Zachariah who stood on the other side of the island, he leaned on the island, my eyes catching the slight twitch in his muscles. I remembered he had spoke to me and fought the blush I felt heating my face.

"Morning.." I mumbled, feeling slightly embarrassed. I don't know what it was, but today the attraction that I'd gained for Zachariah seemed so much more. It was hard to explain that kind of feeling, but I had this weird and crazy urge to be closer to him. I frowned not knowing what was going on, but instantly pushed it from my mind for now as Jeremiah set a hearty plate of breakfast in front of me. I looked at him, sure I was showing how grateful I was. He smiled and walked away.

I took a big drink of my orange juice, nearly choking when Michael spoke. "Elehna, I'd like to speak with you for a moment. If you don't mind." I looked over towards where Michaels voice came from and nodded slowly. He looked a bit concerned, but he held his stone face in place well. I didn't look at anyone as I followed Michael out of the room outside. I rubbed my palms that began to sweat on my jeans, waiting for him to speak. "I'm sorry Elehna. I didn't know that by my actions it would cause you so much pain. But, I had to do it. I had no choice in the matter. If I'd let you both survive, other Alpha's would have found me weak, and attack. I couldn't put my family at risk." He explained slowly. I could tell just by hearing it in his voice that he was indeed sorry, but even still it would take time for me to get over the fact that he was still the one who killed my mother.

"I understand why you did what you did Michael, but if your asking me to forgive you I can't really answer yet. I'm still processing everything. I'm sure over time, I will get over this, that all of the stuff that's happened and been revealed will fade into nothing but a memory." I tried to explain how I felt, but honestly after spending so much time keeping things to myself it was a difficult task.

I watched as Michael nodded, a small smiled lifting his lips. "I hope your right. I don't want what I did interfering with you and Zachariah. I just wanted you to know, that because of how things were back when I was Alpha it was different. I didn't have a choice. Honestly, I was supposed to kill you. I couldn't."

My eyes widened, I didn't know that and while I was happy he told me the truth I didn't want to talk about this anymore. "Michael, nothing you do or say is going to interfere with Zachariah and I.. I still have to figure all of this out, and I hope that everyone can be patient with me."

Michael nodded, "don't worry about the others. Though, I have to say from experience, you should think about you and Zachariah first. He may be a sweet, kind and considerate boy, but he's still an Alpha and he's your mate. He will try to give you the space you need, but even his patience will run out."

I nodded, taking his words into consideration. "I'll do that. I understand that this mate stuff is serious business for you- I mean us." I corrected quickly. "I just have some worries that I'm not sure how to overcome.." I blurted out without thinking.

Michael frowned, "what do you mean? Perhaps, I can help?"

I wetted my lips, debating whether I wanted to say it out loud then quickly decided to just go ahead and say it. Maybe Michael could help me, maybe he couldn't. "I'm broken Michael. I mean, I was abused, beaten mentally, physically and emotionally. I've never been in a relationship least of all one that I know is supposed to last until death. I just don't know if I can really be what he needs and wants. I just don't feel worthy of someone who's so high up you know?" I said, ending it with a sigh.

Michael was quiet for so long that I began to fidget in the silence. I nearly jumped when he spoke. "You should tell Zachariah. Sit with him, explain to him your feelings." Michael walked closer to me, resting his hand on my shoulder. "If there's anything I know about my son is that you can't think that he'll reject you or think less of who you are. He's not easily fooled even if he doesn't speak his thoughts out loud. Tell him how you really feel, and I know everything else will come."

I listened intently, nodding. "Thank you Michael for helping me and... for telling me the truth."

Michael shook his head, and left me without another word. I stood out side, taking in the surrounding's, the clean air, the green of the grass.. The sounds.. Everything was peaceful here. I closed my eyes thinking over Michael's words. Telling Zachariah meant opening myself up to someone else like I've never done before. It meant that I'd be vulnerable.. But, if Michael was right, then in the end everything would be worth it. I'd have Zachariah which I knew I wanted. I wanted him like no other, but I was afraid of what would happen if I explained just how broken I was, how tainted I was.