- Twenty-Two -

I had acted like a coward last night. I flinched remembering my reaction to everything. Even after getting some sleep, I still found it hard to really believe them. I was a werewolf? How could I not notice that my own father was a wolf? Was my mother? So many questions, but no answers.

I looked to my window, it was still dark outside and I knew the sun would be coming up soon. I'd then have to face everyone, but it wasn't everyone I was worried about. If I decided to believe everything that was told to me, then I'd have to believe I was Zachariah's mate. That was scary on it's own. I couldn't help feel that whatever and whoever was responsible for pairing had seriously ripped him off. I was ordinary in looks, had a horrible family if I could even call it that and I just didn't know the first thing about relationships.

Clutching my throbbing head, I closed my eyes and laid back on the bed. This was so confusing. I felt a sudden breeze and opened my eyes, a scream making it's way up my throat when I seen a shadow that looked too much like a person. My mouth was suddenly covered, and the last person I wanted to hear spoke.

"Be quiet. We wouldn't want them to rush in and get hurt would we?" my fathers voice was barely a whisper, and I was amazed I could even hear him. "Its time for you to come home."

I jerked away from his hand, "I'm not going with you and you need to leave." I was surprised with my own bravery.

"I see someone has tried to grow a backbone. Unfortunately, for you it won't help you now. It is nice for me, because I will enjoy putting you back in your place." I couldn't see him, but from years of being with him I knew he was grinning.

"I'm not leaving!" I growled, the sound actually scaring me. Where did that come from?

"One more day..." My father muttered. "I don't have time for this.."

It was the last thing I heard before I gasped inpain and blacked out.

** Zachariah **

I woke the following day, realizing as soon as I came down stairs and seen everyone but Elehna that she must not have come down yet.

"Hey son." My mother said, concern all over her face. "How are you feeling?"

As much as I wanted to lie and tell her that I was fine, I couldn't. This was a change for everyone including myself. I knew one day I'd be Alpha and for me an Alpha was strong, brave, and lead while protecting those in his pack. I had mastered hiding my true feelings, until I was behind closed doors. Now, I couldn't even attempt to harness all that training and control.

I sighed, feeling my hunger leave. Grabbing a glass of water, "I'll be in my office." I retreated to my office without a word to anyone. I knew they worried, but right now I didn't want to be around anyone.

I needed to figure out what I was going to do, how I was going to get past this with Elehna still by my side. Her face haunted me when I revealed what we are, what she was. I sighed, though I knew it was only right to tell her, I still felt it weigh down on me. I may have very well lost my mate, and I didn't know what to do about it.

Trying to get my mind off of my problems, I tried to do the piling paperwork on my desk, but ended up shoving them away and leaning back in my chair closing my eyes.

I'm not bullet proof when it comes to you.

Don't know what to say when you make me the enemy.

I sang slowly. My mind slowly pushing things away. Singing randomly, or listening to music usually helped when I stressed.

After the war's won, there's always the next one. I'm not bullet proof when it comes to you.

Maybe I'll crash into you. Maybe we'll open these wounds. We're only alive if we bruise. So I lay down this armor.

I will surrender tonight, before we both lose this fight.

Take my defenses, all my defenses.

I lay down this armor.

I do what it takes to make this right. But, we got to stop before the regret.

After the wars won, there's always the next one. I'll do what it takes to make this right.

Maybe I'll crash into you, maybe we'll open these wounds. We're only alive if we bruise. So I lay down this armor.

I will surrender tonight, before we both lose this fight. Take my defenses, all my defenses. I lay down this armor.

I lay down this armor.

I lay down this armor for you.

I'll be your escape, I'll be your safe place, I'll be your shelter, your shelter yeah.

I'll be your escape, I'll be your safe places, I'll be your shelter, your shelter yeah.

I cut off when Isaiah's panicked voice pushed through the mind link. Elehna's gone!

I jumped from my chair, and ran out of my office and out the door. I met Jeremiah who looked as panicked as I felt. "Have you seen her?" My heart pinched when he shook his head. I linked the pack fighters and ordered. Your Luna has disappeared. I want her found! I received several replies, but ignored them when Isaiah ran up to me. "What happened?"

"I don't know. I can't figure out how she got off the territory without a single one of us knowing. I went to her room to get her up for school. Plus, I wanted to talk to her, but she didn't answer and when I opened the door her room was empty." Isaiah rushed out.

I frowned, thinking of where she would go. Dread filled me. "She got out without notice.. Her father?"

Jeremiah and Isaiah froze, their own face's filling with rage. "Do you think it was him? We didn't smell him..."

"He must have something to hide his scent. Think about it, Elehna lived with him yet when she came to us she didn't smell like a rouge. She didn't have that scent at all." I explained, which only made me feel worse for not noticing it before. Now, there was a possibility that her father had gotten on and off my territory without me knowing at all.

My anger spiked and I shifted, we split up and find them. If you find him contact me. Do not move on him. If he has her, I will kill him myself. I didn't wait for their reply as bolted off, searching for my mates scent.

*
*

*

*

Not the best chapter, but it's what I got right now. I'll be uploading throughout the day.

The song, I am obsessed with and as I wrote this I was like ohhh that fits. So, why not. I'm not usually a fan of putting songs, nor having a character 'sing' but as I said it really fit.

Hope you guys enjoy it.