- Twenty-One -

I refused to look at Zachariah since we walked into the house, and heard him explain that I now knew what they were. I just couldn't look at his face, because deep down, some where I knew that if I seen the pain on his face, that I'd end up forgiving him, and at the moment I just couldn't. Sitting in front of Zachariah's family had never been more awkward. Every time one of them moved, I couldn't help but stare at them warily. I refused to sit down, "so your all werewolves?" I asked surprising myself at how calm I sounded even though I'm sure anyone could tell that at any fast movement I was ready to bolt.

They all nodded, but it was Michael who spoke, "Elehna I'm sorry that this was told to you now. I know that my son's had discussed this, and they had wanted to ease you into it, but due to circumstances that came up we all felt that it was better you knew now."

I looked to Karen who seemed rather upset, but otherwise had an understanding expression. Matter of fact they all wore understanding expressions and it made me feel just slightly more guilty that I was reacting the way I was. "I don't even know what to say. I- wait- are you going to have to kill me now that I know?" I felt my nervousness kick into high gear, jerking towards Jeremiah as he began to laugh.

"No, its nothing like that. Elehna, we're not a danger to humans. The only danger to humans is rouges. Packs like us, live off rules and we uphold them." He explained.

I nodded, remembering what Zachariah had said about the rouge that had chased me. "So, I know this may sound stupid, especially if I'm wrong, but do you have an Alpha, Beta, and all those other names?"

Isaiah nodded to my question. "Yes, we do. I'm Beta of this pack. Zachariah is Alpha, though I'm sure once you think about it, it wont come as a surprise and Jeremiah is third."

I wasn't surprised that Zachariah was Alpha. After really thinking about it, knowing that everyone including his own parents obeyed his order it only made sense. "Okay, so- why tell me? I don't understand why I had to know this..." I knew I sounded whiney, but I was enjoying their company. They'd treated me like no one else had, and I couldn't help, but feel slightly betrayed over this. It was unreasonable, since they were born this way, but it didn't matter its how I felt.

"I asked you earlier about soul mates. You see, every wolf has a special person out there human or another werewolf. They're special, precious, a treasure for our kind." Zachariah explained. "Your my mate, my one and only."

I finally looked at him, "I'm your mate?" I shook my head, "I think you have it wrong. I can't possibly be your mate."

Zachariah frowned, "why would you think I'm wrong?"

"Because there isn't a thing that's special about me. I'm average, if not lower than that." I stated, as if he were crazy not to have noticed.

"You are special, very special to me." He explained solemnly. "I've known since I first laid eyes on you. But, that's not the only thing that's special though to me it's all that matters. There's another reason that I had to tell you know."

I frowned, "what other reason could you have?" I asked, ignoring the mate part right now.

"You've been kept from something that should have been told to you from birth. Your father showed up earlier. Steve."

I stiffened, "he was here?" How did he even know where to look for me? Why didn't anyone tell me earlier. The text message he'd sent played through my head, but now I wasn't so sure I had to worry. They were werewolves after all..

"He was. I didn't know who he was at first, I believed he was just another rouge, until he told me who he was and who you were to him." Zachariah stayed silent for a moment. And, I let what he said sink in.

My eyes widened, rouge? Rouge meant that- I jumped out of my seat, "NO! He isn't! Your wrong!There's no way that my father is a werewolf! I would know!" I denied.

Zachariah sighed, "I wish I was wrong. But, I wasn't the only one there. I wasn't the only one who heard what he said, and knew what he was. And, your eighteenth birthday is coming up. You are also a wolf Elehna."

I fell back to the couch, stunned. My world had literally been turned upside down, and I didn't know how to process it. It was impossible to comprehend.