- Twenty-Eight -

The day passed almost in a blur, I wanted to confront Michael, but at the same time I wasn't sure I really wanted to know about what had happened. Maybe I should leave it in the past, anything he told me would never bring my mother back. My body ached as if I had exercised for a while and I knew that the ache would only get worse. Karen had been blunt about what to expect and I couldn't lie and say I wasn't afraid. I rubbed my arm hoping to comfort myself when I felt bigger and warmer arms surround me. I sighed, and leaned into Zachariah.

"Don't overthink Elehna. You'll be just fine, and we'll be here with you." Zachariah whispered.

I nodded. "I know, but this is all still so new to me. Even though your mom told me everything I should expect it's still unknown to me. I don't think even if I'd known it was coming that I'd ever be ready for this." I laughed lightly, but even that made me hurt.

"After tonight everything will be easier. The shift won't hurt as much, and over time you'll get so used to it that it'll become second nature." He assured, rubbing my arms.

I opened my mouth to speak my doubt, but instead gasped as pain sliced through my body. I felt Zachariah's hold tighten and struggled against him. Suddenly his closeness seemed almost like I was suffocating. The pain came in waves, quick and sharp then would turn into a throb after. "L-let go!" I gasped, trying to get free.

"Elehna, listen to me. Don't fight the pain, don't fight the shift. You'll only hurt yourself. I'm here for you remember that. Isaiah, my mom and Jeremiah are on their way." Zachariah said before he released me.

I crawled on the ground trying to catch my breath that suddenly seemed almost impossible to get. I grabbed at my shirt, the suffocating feeling only becoming worse. I screamed when something cracked and I could literally feel my bones moving, breaking, reshaping. I couldn't hear anyone, nor see anyone because the pain blinded me. I don't know if I was screaming, or what I was doing anymore, all I could feel was burning pain. After what felt like hours, days the pain finally stopped. I laid on the ground, fearing to move.

"Elehna.." I heard Zachariah whisper above me. I moved, my body aching causing me to groan which came out as a whimper. I didn't want to open my eyes, I didn't want to see the fur, the paws because then everything would be real. Call me a coward, but I was afraid. "Elehna, it's me. Your okay now, you can open your eyes." I shook my head, and could feel my ears twitch when Zachariah's laugher rang out. "Elehna, don't be afraid. You- you are so beautiful. You should see yourself."

"He's right Elehna, you are very beautiful." I then heard Karen say, knowing that it was her that rubbed my back. Finally getting my courage I opened my eyes and instantly looked into Zachariah's blue eyes. I whimpered again and he smiled. My ears twitched at the multiple howls that I heard. I tilted my head in question.

"The pack is welcoming you.. " Zachariah explained. "Let's go for a run." Zachariah said, stepping back. I watched in awe as he shifted into a large wolf. When he stood on all four's he shook his fur and pranced over to me. His nuzzle nudged me in the sides and I jumped to my paws, but didn't move. Zachariah again nudged me, then nipped my tail. Yelping in surprise, I growled at him in warning. Seriously, he was acting like a puppy with a new toy!

"Zach be easy with her. She's new to this." Karen said sternly.

I huffed in agreement and Zachariah yipped, while his butt was in the air, tail wagging like crazy. I heard growls from beside me and turned to see a slightly smaller black wolf beside me. I realized suddenly as the scent wafted through my nose that it was Isaiah and could only stare. This was so weird. His shoulder bumped mine and he made a jerking motion with his head towards Zachariah. It took me a moment, but I finally realized what he was trying to say. I nodded my head and we both crouched and launched ourselves at Zachariah's large wolf. Surprised he could only stare as we tackled him. I nipped his ear, and he growled, pushing both me and Isaiah from him easily he took off.

Isaiah and I shared a look before we chased after him, hearing Karen's laughter from behind us. The feel of the earth, the sound's of the woods, everything seemed amazing. I could smell so many things at once, that I knew it would take time to learn to separate it all, the sounds included. Concentrating on staying on my feet-paws, I stopped when I seen Zachariah ahead, shifted back into a human. "Elehna, come look at yourself." Zachariah said, smiling.

I walked closer, cautious only stopping when I was nearly above the water. I took a deep breath and peeked over and made a weird sound that I couldn't quite describe. My eyes were yellow, bright yellow, my fur was white, but specks of black in there. It was- I was beautiful! They weren't kidding! I looked to Zachariah, and Isaiah who had also shifted and frowned. That's something I didn't ask, how in the hell do I shift back???? The question, or even the panic must have shown because Zachariah laughed. "Think about being in your human form and you will be. But before you do-"

Before he could even finish his question, I did as he said and found myself cringing at the sound of my bones cracking, snapping and reshaping themselves. When the pain- which wasn't as painful as before finally ended I opened my eyes and was happy to see myself standing taller. I looked at Zachariah, and Isaiah finally happy I could actually communicate and found Isaiah's eye's wide, and Zachariah's nearly black. "W-what?" A sudden breeze went by causing me to shiver and wrap my arms around myself, then I realized I was stark naked. My eyes widened and I screamed.

Zachariah seemed to had snapped out of whatever trance he was in and growled at Isaiah who quickly turned around. Zachariah then took his shirt off and handed it too me with a smug smile. "I tried to tell you that you would shift back naked, but you were too impatient. Although I'm not complaining."

My mouth opened, my cheeks burned with embarrassment. I could feel my body burn hotter by the second when I heard Isaiah begin to gag. "That's now my sister your talking about, I don't wanna hear that!!!" He whined, then groaned when Zachariah smacked him over the head.

Zachariah grabbed my hands, smiling. "Let's get you home. I'm sure after that your tired."

I nodded, and leaned into his side. His warmth seeping into me and making me feel comfortable.