- Nine -

** Zachariah **

After my little break down outside, I went for a run. Isaiah, and Jeremiah had wanted to come along, but they understood that for a moment, I wanted to be alone. I needed to think, and while I was so lost in my own thoughts I found myself outside of Elehna's house. I regretted how I handled the situation earlier.

**Flashback**

When Isaiah, and Jeremiah left the room my attention turned to Elehna who seemed a bit nervous. I wondered if she could feel the pull, a bond between us, but I also wondered if it was too soon for her to feel it? "Are you ready to tell me where you really got the bruise?" I asked calmly. She looked at me with wide eyes, and I could see that she was trying to hide something, but what exactly was it?

"I told you all where I got it. What are you trying to get at?" She asked, her voice hesitant.

I took a deep breath, trying my hardest to control myself. "That's a lie. I knew the moment you started talking that you were lying, but I don't know why. Why would you lie about a bruise, did someone hit you?"

I watched her look anywhere, but at me. "I really should get home.. I need to make sure my father's okay.." Her tone suggested that she didn't want to do that. It was a lie. Then a thought that made my blood boil filled my mind.

"Did you father hit you?" I asked, watching her reaction closely. She grew tense, her hands tightening around the sleeves of her hoody. "That's it isn't it? Your father is hitting you, and why haven't you turned him in? Why haven't you put a stop to this abuse?" I said insensitively, the next thing I knew I felt a sting across my cheek. I looked back at Elehna stunned, her eyes suggested that she was seemed beyond angry, but in the depths, I could see tiredness, a tiredness that shouldn't be in her eyes, in any teenager's life. I recognized the look, because when I looked in the mirror I seen the same tiredness staring back at me when Alpha duties began to weigh on me.

My heart skipped when her eyes filled with tears, "don't you dare judge me, don't try to assume that you know what's going on, or who I am and what I may or may not be allowing. You don't know a damn thing about me!" She screamed, before running out of the house.

**End**

I sat on the edge of the woods, making sure that I wouldn't be seen. I wasn't going to feel defeated, Elehna was mine, and sooner or later she would come to realize that she needs me...Just as much as I needed her.

*
**
*

Short chapter, sorry.