- Twenty-Six -

Once Zachariah left the room I deflated like a balloon. I sat on the bed, and sighed putting my head down. I knew I took it out on him, I was mean and said hurtful things. I felt guilty, yet at the same time I meant some of the things I'd said. At least, about the mates. I didn't know now that I wanted to be mated to Zachariah. I would hate to have children, and something happen like this.

"Elehna." I looked up to see Karen's soft smile. "Honey, listen to me. I heard some of what you said, and though I understand your under a lot of stress you need to understand one thing. Zachariah nor you are your father. The difference is that we're in a pack. If by some unfortunate reason we lost you or Zachariah, the pack would be here to help whenever they were needed. Neither you or him would be as bad as your father." Karen said softly, sitting down next to me. "You may not feel this way now, but things will get better. Regardless of what you do, or what you choose to do we will be here for you. I just hope that you think hard about your choice."

I sighed, rubbing my head. "I know you guys would be here. I just don't know exactly which emotion to go through. I'm so mad, but I'm also sad, then apart of me is relieved and happy. There's so many things I'm feeling that it makes me want to explode."

Karen nodded, patting my hand. "Honey, because your going to shift tomorrow your emotions are out of control. No matter how hard you try to control them, at the moment they're going to come out any way they can. Think of yourself as a hormonal pregnant woman just without the baby." Karen laughed, and I joined in a second later. "Do you care for Zachariah?"

I nodded, not having to think about it. "Then, why would you reject him?"

I frowned, did I reject him? I went through all the things I'd yelled out and gasped. "I didn't mean to, I didn't. I just... I don't know.."

Karen smiled sadly, nodding. "I know dear. Don't worry, Zachariah understand as well, he is going to give you some space today. Tomorrow though either I, Zachariah, Jeremiah, or Isaiah will be with you at all times. Just incase you begin to shift. We will be with you every step of the way."

I nodded slowly, feeling terrible. The last thing I'd meant to do was hurt Zachariah. He'd been there for me along with his family when no one else had. Even Michael. I felt the tears well up, and was instantly engulfed in Karen's arms. "Shhh, shhh it's okay dear. You let it out, no one blames you. No one is upset with you. We understand this has been hard."

After who knows how long I was finally calm enough to pull away, Karen began to wipe the tears from my face and I blushed. "I'm sorry.. " I bit my lip, watching Karen shake her head. "Are you sure Zachariah isn't mad at me? Can you tell him I didn't mean it?"

Karen nodded, "of course I'll tell him and I'm sure he isn't mad. He's upset that your hurting and he doesn't know how to help you. Honestly, no one here knows how to help you. But, we are here for you for whatever you need. With everything that's gone on, we haven't had time to introduce you to the pack. We don't have to do that now, but can wait until your ready. My point is, the entire pack is here for you."

My eyes widened. "But they don't even know me!" My voice came out high due to my shock.

Karen laughed. "No, they don't. But, your Zachariah's mate and Luna to this pack."

I frowned. "Luna? What's that?"

Karen shook her head, running her thumb over my cheek. "We will talk about that another day. You've been through too much and right now isn't the time. You worry about yourself, figure out what you want, and what you see in your future."

I nodded, my eyes drooping. "Get some rest Elehna. We have more time to talk." I nodded and laid down, no sooner did my head hit the pillow did sleep take over.