- Nineteen -

** Zachariah **

I left my office smiling, after talking with my family we decided to give Elehna a memorable birthday. She was turing eighteen in two days and I wanted everything to be perfect. "Alpha." I stopped, my smiled dripping when I turned and seen Jax, the fighter wolf I'd put in charge of watching Elehna's house. "I have been watching the Luna's house as you asked. The rouge has been there the entire time. He hasn't moved from our Luna's home, but he has had a couple visitors, also rouges."

I nodded, thinking hard over the situation. "Okay, keep watching him. If he makes any weird moves contact me immediately." He nodded and left, just as Elehna walked in.

"Who was that?" She asked curious.

I smiled, and moved to stand beside her. "A friend of the family." I said, not bothering to explain more. I lifted my hand to her almost healed cheek beyond happy that she unconsciously leaned into my touch. I was thankful the medication was helping with her pain, she didn't seem to realize she was healing at a fast rate. I knew I needed to tell her what was going to happen, especially with her eighteenth birthday in a couple days.

"Elehna, will you walk with me?" I masked my nervousness and fear. It had to be done, and though I wish I had more time to spend with her, to help ease her into this, I couldn't. Talking to my mother, and hearing the Jax it was confirmed that Steve was indeed Elehna's father.

"Of course." she said happily, following me as I lead her through the living room. I could feel everyone's gaze on me, they knew what I was doing and I had tried my best to ignore their concerned stares, but it weighed on me making it harder to ignore my own fears.

We moved further and further away from the pack house, but I was aware of the pack watching over us. I'd made them keep their distance while Elehna had been here, at least until I was able to tell her. I stopped a good distance, and looked back seeing Elehna looking slightly nervous.

"Elehna, I like you." I blurted, even though like was far off from what I really felt, but I couldn't tell her I was in love with her at least not yet. "I've liked you from the moment I seen you back at the tree, even more now that I've gotten to know you better."

Elehna's eyes widened, and even in near darkness I could see the blush covering her face. "You do? You have?"

I nodded, moving closer to her, "yes. You seem surprised, I thought I'd made it obvious."

She laughed shyly, "no, at least not to me. I thought you was just being nice." She paused, wringing her hands together. "I-I like you too."

I smiled happily, "can I kiss you?" I asked, more like my mouth blurted. I hadn't meant to say that, I was going to ask her something completely different.

I could hear her heart beat quicken, "yes." She breathed, and I didn't hesitate to lower my lips to hers. She met me half way, and honest to god it was like fireworks went off the moment my lips touched hers. She was unbelievable soft, yet firm. Her taste was in explainable, and her scent drove me mad with need. The kiss was gentle, more testing than anything else, until she wrapped her small arms around my neck.

Controlling myself was difficult, more than anything I wanted to lay her down on the bed of grass and feel, savor and imprint every curve, freckle and feel of her skin to my mind, but I wouldn't. Not only did I know she wouldn't be ready for something like that, I felt guilty enough kissing her while I was lying to her. Call me selfish, but I wanted at least this much.

I deepened the kiss, my teeth nipping at her lower lip. It was obvious this was Elehna's first or close to first kiss, but thankfully her body responded and her mouth parted for me. I thrusted my tongue into her mouth, moaning as her taste exploded against my tongue. She was sweet, like honey. I knew I could go on forever kissing her, holding her, but it wouldn't be right. Not yet anyways. After enjoying the kiss a moment longer, I slowly eased back, panting.

I kept my eyes closed, knowing that if I opened them at that moment they would be a different color and I didn't want to scare her as inevitable as it already was. I could hear her deep breaths as she calmed down. "Wow.." she breathed and I couldn't help, but smirk.

After calming down I opened my eyes and looked down at her. "Do you trust me Elehna?"

She never hesitated to say yes. My chest swelled with happiness, while at the same time it ached with sadness. "You know I'd never hurt you, that I'd do anything for you?"

I could tell by the confusion on her face that I'd begun to worry her. "Y-yes?"

I pushed on, "do you believe in soul mates?"

"I-I..." she stuttered.

*
**
*

I know cliffhanger. Promise next chapter will be up soon. Most likely in an hour or so.