- Seventeen -

** Zachariah **

I quickly linked my mother, then my father, Isaiah and Jeremiah. I walked onto the patio, trying my best to act like nothing was wrong. "Hey Elehna. I think my mom wants to see you." I the lie feeling like acid in my mouth. I didn't want to lie, but it was my only choice if I wanted her.

Elehna turned and smiled at me, "does she?" I nodded, grabbing her hand and helping her from her seat. "Hmm. Okay, do you know where she is?"

"She's in your room. She's putting your cloths away I believe." I said, rubbing my thumb over the hand I held. I watched Elehna nod, and disappear inside the house. The moment it was clear, Isaiah and Jeremiah were at my side. The scent of the rouges becoming stronger the longer we stood there. I was more than just a little surprised when a rouge walked out of the wood line, he wasn't shifted and he hand his hands up as if he surrendered. "What are you doing on my territory?" I growled.

The rouge smirked, "I didn't come here to start anything. I came for what's mine." He gestured to the house, "the girl you have in there."

My body went stiff, and I growled loudly. "She is not yours!" I took a step forward, ready to rip this rouges head off, but was held back by who I don't know. It could have been Isaiah, Jeremiah or both of them.

The rouge seemed satisfied with my reaction, his smirk turning into a full blown grin. "I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Steve, and she is my daughter. I demand her return."

I kept my face nutruel even though on the inside my heart beat wildly and my mind raced. Elehna? He was talking about Elehna, right? What did he mean that she was his daughter? As stupid as it sounded, I didn't want to believe that Elehna's father was a rouge, let alone what that meant. "You can't have her. She stays here." Isaiah spoke up from beside me.

"You don't seem to understand, under the law she is mine. You can't keep her from me, and if you want I could call the police to straighten this whole thing out." The rouge said.

I smirked, my body once again humming. "Go ahead, I'm not worried in the least about them taking her. I want you off my territory now, before you aren't able to.." I warned, feeling my canines grow in length.

Rather than look afraid, the rouge I knew now as Steve tilted his head. "You sure are protective of her. She is basically a rouge, yet you are protecting her." He hummed, then snapped his fingers. "I see. Ohhhh I see very clearly now.." He laughed, and without further word turned and walked away.

"Isaiah, Jeremiah go make sure he get's off my territory. I'm going for a run..." I ordered, turning in the opposite direction. I knew if I overseen Steve's leaving I wouldn't be able to let him. My breath came out heavier, my body burned slightly as I shifted into my large light brown wolf. I didn't wait for them, but took off my paw's digging into the earth as I ran. That bastard was going to pay, but not yet... Not yet... I howled out my anger and fury..