- Fifteen -

The day passed too quickly for my liking. And, for the first time in a long time I was actually having fun. We all played games, chatted, and got to know each other just a little better. I finally opened up about my father, and told most of what he'd done. Sure, I'd told Zachariah, but I hadn't told Isaiah, and Jeremiah myself. They looked nearly as angry as Zachariah had, and for some strange reason that made me happy.

"So-" I began, "are you sure that it's okay if I stay here? I really don't want to intrude." I felt bad, they were being so nice to me and here I was taking up more space.

"You aren't intruding what so ever. Besides it's nice to have another female in the house." Karen said to me, winking. "I mean these boys, their messy, loud, egotistic..." She trailed off, dramatically taking another breath, but before she could continue Isaiah interrupted her, "mom we aren't that bad, besides you love us to death!"

I sat back and watched the family bicker with each other playfully, my chest squeezed as I realized I had missed this. I missed my own mother, but at the same time I held a grudge against her for leaving us, for leaving me with my father who beat me. Frowning, I got up and silently left the living room, needing some fresh air. I sat on the porch steps, looking up at the clear sky.

I gasped when something slightly heavy weighed down on my back, looking up I smiled slightly when I seen Zachariah standing there. He'd put a blanket over my back, it was a sweet gesture and one that I wasn't used to. "Thanks.." I muttered, looking back up trying to ignore the fact that he was now sitting besides me, his heat radiating off of him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice low as if he didn't want to mess up the peacefulness.

I nodded, "I am. You have a beautiful family." When he laughed, I closed my eyes to enjoy the sound. He didn't laugh to often from what I seen, but when he did... I really enjoyed that laugh..

"My family is annoying, nosy, they're loud, I'm not sure how I put up with them sometimes." He joked, nudging my shoulder.

I laughed, "and you wouldn't trade them for the would I bet." I sighed, "I wish my family had been like yours. Though you guys are loud and all, your having fun. It's so clear to see how much you love each other, and how much your parents love all three of you." I smiled sadly, "I'm envious of you. My family used to be like that, until one day it wasn't." I sat in silence for a moment, frowning because I most likely put Zachariah in a weird spot. Looking at him, I noticed he didn't seem upset, but rather he seemed thoughtful. "I'm sorry for my rant."

My heart sped up when Zachariah suddenly scooted closer to me, his thumb caressing my cheek. "From today on, your apart of this Elehna. Remember what I said, I and no one here would ever hurt you, and we will always be there for you. I.." He shut his mouth, cutting himself off.

I wouldn't lie, I was beyond curious to know what he was going to say, but I wasn't going to ask. My face was already a nuclear bomb waiting to go off. "What's your favorite color?" I asked suddenly.

Zachariah looked at me, eyes wide as he didn't expect my question. "My favorite color?" I nodded, and he hummed. "Greenish-with gold flecks.." He said almost so quietly, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to hear. He turned to me then, and smiles. "Your eyes.. They have a catchiness and that seems to be my favorite now."

Yup, the bomb went off. I wouldn't be surprised if my ears started steaming at this moment. I opened my mouth, but even my mouth refused to work. It seemed to do that a lot lately.

"Whats your favorite color?" He asked innocently as I stared into his eyes.

Without hesitation I blurted, "blue..."