Chapter 10

*later that night*

  I walk up the stairs to go into my house and open the door.

  "Mom, I'm home," I yell throughout the house.

  "I'm in the kitchen," she yells back.

  I walk into the kitchen and see my mom sitting on one of the stools eating a salad. I take the seat next to her.

  "Mom, I think I'm in a bad situation and I don't know what to do," I say putting my head down on the counter.

  "What did you do is it illegal?"

  "No, but Mason the one that bullied me last year is back at school and he has changed and is really nice and he asked my out and I think I like him and I don't know what to do I told Jami and Zac we could go on a double date and they didn't like the idea but they want me to if I really like him and I just don't know what I'm expected to do," I take a breath because I realize I said that in one breath.

  "Slow down," my mom says with a laugh.

  "As your mother I say never go near him again, but I'm not that kind of mother, so if you believe in that big heart of yours that he has changed then give it a chance," she says with a smile.

  "Thanks," I say as I get up.

   I go to my room, grab my phone, go to contacts and put Mason's number in.  I take a deep breath and click on messages and search his name.

C: Hey🙃
M:Hey
C:Um I thought about what you said and I would love to go to the movies
M: Really
C: Yeah but can it be a double date?
M: Yeah as long as we are part of that double
C: Thanks 😊
M: I'll see you, Jami, and Zac at the movies at five Saturday
C: Ok see you there☺️