Chapter 17

Weston's POV

    I click accept on Mario's FaceTime.

   "Hey," I say.

   "Hey, I'm about to go live wanna guest?"

      "Yeah," I say looking at Mario.

   I put down my phone to set up my green screen when I get a notification that Callie posted an Instagram picture. 

  I feel my face light up and I click on it. As I'm waiting for it to load I look at Mario on my computer screen then look down at my phone. 

  "Did you see the girl I broadcasted with a couple nights ago?"

  "Yeah, why," asks Mario. 

  "Because I think......" I stop mid-sentence in that moment I feel like my heart had been crushed. I throw my phone behind me and look at Mario. I feel my whole world stop I didn't even know that my feelings for her were this strong.

  "Dude what just happened you were all happy and now you just look all depressed," Mario says through a forced laugh.

  "I like her," I say to finish my sentence.

  "See it wasn't that hard you didn't have to get all sad on me," Mario says laughing and starting to do whatever he was doing before.

  "It wasn't hard for me to tell you, but now i could never tell her," I say looking down at my hands.

  "Why, she's a fan everyone would want that to happen to them," Mario says like it's no big deal.

  "Because of this,"

  I stand up and walk over to my bed and grab my phone. I go on Callie's Instagram and click on the photo that just broke my heart.

  "Oh no," I say feeling my heart drop to my feet. 

  "What," Mario asks sounding concerned.

  "I liked the photo," I say in horror.

  "So," Mario says acting like it's no big deal again.

  "Look at the photo," I turn my phone towards Mario.

  As he looks at the photo of Callie and some guy on one of those roller coaster simulators, I start freaking out. 

  "Ok, it's probably not as bad as you think," Mario says trying to cheer me up.

  "It is," I say getting aggravated and sad.

  "How do you know," Mario says still trying to reassure me.

  "You make my heart beat faster than this simulator," I say holding back tears.

  "That was that caption?"

  "Yeah," I say a single tear sliding down my cheek.

   I turn quickly and wipe the tear off my face. As close as I am with Mario I still don't want him to see me cry.

  "Well, I'm gonna go it's getting late anyways," I say faking a yawn and putting a smile on my face.

  "Bro, it's only 8:00 you sure," Mario says sounding concerned.

  "Yeah, I got up early this morning, bye," I say.

  I hit end before he can say anything else. I get up out of my chair, turn off my green screen and let the tears I have been holding back go. I climb into my bed and cry myself asleep.