~Chapter 1~ Questions In My Mind

I inserted the keys in the door lock and twisted it, it opened immediately. I went inside after locking the apartment. I glanced inside and looked around. Darkness all around just like my life isn't it? I sighed and switched on the lights.

I went to the dining table and took a glass and poured some water for myself and adjusted myself on the dining chair.

"are beta abhi tak shadi nahi ki tumne?"

"kyun bhala?"

"koi mila nahi?"

"are itni sundar he tu, phir bhi?"

"ye aaj kal ki ladkiya, pata nahi shadi ke bina hi.."

I instantly put the glass on the dining table with a sound of THUD. I closed my eyes as I remembered some random aunties talked about in the wedding.

Yeah I went to a wedding today. It was my friend's wedding. Riya Sharma, who just got married to the love of her life Ishaan Singh. She too is an Architect. We studied to gather in the college. We were once bestest friends. I smiled at the thought. But in life some things never remained same. It's not like that we are cut off, it's just she is busy in her"Love Life" more. After studies, I got stuck with my career and she found Ishaan. We were both too busy to realise that we were drifting apart. There was no one's mistake, it's just happened. But I am happy for her. she is happy with Ishaan.

I sighed and again those hurtful words came in my ears. I remembered how those aunties talked about me. I was standing with Riya's Mom, catching up some things, while they came and greet me. And yes they raised their favourite topic. "Marriage". And as usual I kept quiet, because I didn't wanted to create a scene in my EX- Best friend's wedding.

But does the marriage thing is that much important? Like they don't see what I achieved at the very young age. I am a successful architect. I own my apartment in the posh area, which they can't even afford. I smiled sarcastically. I am where every girl dreamt of be. I am on top. While their daughters were seeking for some billionaire in the wedding. In spite of teaching them some sense they talked about my personal life. Like who they were? My parents? My guardians? Who the f**king hell they were? No one. And I didn't gave any right to anyone out there to talk about me. So I quietly left the wedding after congratulating my "Ex" best friend of course. I think I met her for the last time may be. Her mother said that she was moving to Pune with Ishaan of course. Well Good thing.

And I came home and I am still sitting on the dining chair. I looked down and I was still in my Ghaghra Choli. I sighed and stood up from the chair and went to my room and changed myself into comfortable shorts and loose t-shirt. I went to bed, but wasn't feeling sleepy. I don't know why I get affected when random people talk about my life. Though I don't care, but deep down it hurts.

I stood up from the bed and came out in living room. I throw myself on the couch and turned on the TV. I changed the channels. And then it stopped on one channel which was showing DDLJ. I rolled my eyes seeing that. Like seriously. Ab yahi baahi reh gaya tha. I changed the channel and instantly I felt two hands in my hairs. I looked up and saw Mom was standing there caressing my hairs.

I sighed and said: Mom. You still awake?

She came and sat beside me. I placed my head in her lap and she again caressed my hairs. You know in this whole world there is no one who can understand me so well just as Mom. She is the best. Of course she is. She is a Mom. I smiled and snuggled more in her lap.

She smiled and said: ab meri beti ghar ke bahar hogi to kya mujhe neend aayegi?

I smiled and asked: what about Dad? So gaye wo?

She replied: ha, jaanti to he tu apne Dad ko. Jaldi sone ki aadat he unhe.

I smiled and changed the channel of TV.

Suddenly she asked me: Nandu. Why did you change the channel? DDLJ aa raha tha.

Typical Mom I tell you.

I sighed and said: Mom, DDLJ ab mujhe pasand nahi he.

10 seconds silence came in between us. But Mom broke it.

Mom: Nandini, beta. Things aren't goes in life as we expect it to go. Life is unpredictable. But this is life. And we should try to move on and keep up with that. Beta jo bhi hua 4 saal pehle wo..

I stood up from her lap and sat on the couch: No Mom please. Not a word about it.

Mom held my hand and said worriedly: Nandini. I know it's not easy for you. But it hurts to see you like this. See your all friends settled down in their life. You know how much it hurts me and your father to see you still alone in your life. Beta you need someone to love you. You need someone who could look after you.

I said sternly: for that Mom, you and Dad are there. And about settling in life. Then I am settled. I am having my own office. I am a successful architect isn't that enough?

She sighed: of course it is enough and we are proud of you for that. But Nandu it is high time. You should find someone. Someone who can look after you after us.

I stood up angrily: Mom... why can't you understand? It is not easy for me to forget all those things. Its hurts like hell Mom. And aapko kya lagta he ki mujhe mehsoos nahi hota that I also need someone. Of course I know that I need someone. Par darti hu Mom kahi kuch wapas waisa hi ho gaya to? Bahot mushkil se sambhala tha maine tab apne aapko. Agar phir se aisa kuch hua to shayad sambhal na paau.

She stood up and tears brimmed in her eyes: Beta. I want to see you happy that's it. Don't build walls around you. Break that walls and let others to come close to you. Trust others Nandini.

I cried in pain: I can't Mom. And you know why.

She hugged me tight and I too hugged her tight: I know beta. But try please. Wo kehte he na uparwale ne sabke liye koi na koi banaya he. To tumhare liye bhi koi na koi to he. You just need to find that person that's it. And for that you need to open up. Live your life Nandini. It is the age to live it. After some years you will regret on your own decisions beta.

She broke the hug and caressed my face and went inside her room leaving me in thoughts.

Do I too deserve Love? Do I also need someone to love me? But what if the same thing happens which happened before 4 years? Do I will ever be trust someone else?

With lot of questions in my mind, I went to the bed to sleep. Sleeping is the best thing in my entire day, because it just put aside all my worries and pain. I closed my eyes with lot of questions in my mind.

Kaise Laga?

Do Tell Me In Comments..

Shall I Continue Or Not?