Chapter Two

Frank P.O.V

Sitting cross-legged on a table in the canteen; I endured their pointless conversation. It was typical teenage gossip, something that I really didn't care about. I zoned out, staring into the distance, eyes squinting. When they laughed, I laughed. When they gasped, I gasped with them. Do anything to fit in, I told myself repeatedly. I only had a few hours left to endure them, then I was free. My eyes wandered away from my little clique, traveling from wall to wall, door to door. Today was going to be like most days, I was sure it that. Boring and uneventful- as usual.

A young girl walked past me, eyes travelling from my eyes to my feet. Admiring every inch of me. I rolled my eyes, slumping down in my spot. I rested my pale chin in the centre of my pale hand, painted nails tapping my cheek; bored out of my mind. I needed something fun. Something that would add a little drama to my day.

A strange feeling spread throughout my body, I didn't know where it was coming from. Goosebumps appeared all over my arms, and a cold shiver passed over me. My attention was dragged over to the door, forced to watch as the next person came inside. I could feel his gaze entering my soul as soon as he entered, malice and charm following him in hot pursuit. He smiled at girls as he passed, hands tucked into his pockets. Red hair flowing behind as he walked, I felt my stomach start a gymnastic routine inside my body. I felt sick, I put my hand to my mouth.

"Frankie, what's wrong?"Anna- my friend- asked, looking slightly concerned. I shook my head, throwing my bag over my shoulder. I needed to get out, anywhere away from him would

I found myself kneeling over a toilet bowl, trying not to hurl my breakfast up. I wiped a bead of sweat from my forehead. I leant against the stall door, sliding down it so that I was sitting on the floor. Head between my legs, I tried to breathe in and out in a regular pattern. He wasn't real, I thought. He was much too perfect to be so. After gathering my shit together, I managed to stand up. Opening the door, I was met with the back of his head. I closed my eyes, closing the door behind me.

"Don't mind me." He said sarcastically, finding joy in the fact that I was mentally falling apart- just from the sheer fact that he was in the same room as me. I managed a weak smile, trying not to throw up. "I don't bite," he said, turning to face me, "Or, I might." He added, winking at me. He waved at me with a sly smile, exiting the room. Leaving me alone, as I tried to pick up the broken shards of my mind.
~>•<~

My day was running smoothly, better after my brief encounter with the new boy. There was something oddly attractive about him- probably the fact that he looked as if he could snap me with the click of his fingers. Anna clicked her fingers in front of my face in a desperate bid to get my attention. I had completely ignored the entire one-sided conversation that she was attempting to engage in.

"Dude, were you listening to a word of what I was saying?" She asked exasperatedly, her eyebrows raised so far that lines appeared on her forehead. I shook my head, apologising.
"There's a party tonight, at the new guy's house. He's so charming, and he's so beautiful. You might even have some competition over who gets the girls." She said, nudging me in the ribs. I smiled weakly, laughing nervously. I wasn't attracted to girls, when would she take the hint? Then the realisation hit me- I could not attend that party. I could safely say that I would rather have died than go to his house.

"So, are we going?" She asked hopefully, eyes silently begging and begging, imploring me to say the very word that was hanging on the tip of my tongue.

"Yes. Okay. Whatever." I said quickly, scratching the back of my neck nervously.
I would go. Then I would bail, and run back home. I knew that I wouldn't be able to cope with being in his presence, our bathroom encounter was much too up close and personal for my liking. I just wanted to get through high school with no crushes; but tonight would definitely change that.

"Thanks Frankie, you're the best." She smiled, pecking my cheek with a kiss, leaving a pink stain. I rubbed at it religiously as we walked through the halls, the bell had already sounded. Signalling the start of my end; my mental end. "That guy won't stop staring at you." She said, sounding confused. I looked over to the door that we had gone through, seeing the new boy. His red hair wildly framing his face, eyes burning like the fiery pits of hell. He smiled evilly, pretending to tip his hat at me. My eyes immediately went to the floor, as though I was ashamed of something . I couldn't cope; I needed to go home.

I needed to get blind drunk.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Heart-Shaped Box by Nirvana

A.N
So nirvanabanana are once again taking over my life XD ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I've been playing the Nevermind vinyl over and over again today XD

Don't forget to comment and vote, it helps me out (: