Chapter Twenty-Five

Frank P.O.V

The past few hours without him were unbearable. I had woken up, pillow soaking wet, almost as if I hadn't stopped crying as I slept. I sighed, swinging my legs over the side of the bed, the cold floor sending wake up signals to my recovering mind. It was still a weekday, and for the first time in a long time I planned to go to school. Even though I wasn't a fan of them, I needed to surround myself with my friends. Any human contact would do, as long as it wasn't him.

I ran my fingers through my hair, poking my puffy cheeks as I looked in the mirror. The harsh bathroom light made me look sick, my eyes bloodshot and red from the constant crying had already taken a toll on me. The stubble on my cheeks made me look worse, but from true shitty feeling that was refusing to leave, I couldn't be bothered to shave it off. I pulled on creased clothes, slinking downstairs. My mother had already laid out breakfast for my sister and I, and had her back to me. She jumped as I walked into the room, sitting down in the chair in the corner.

"Jesus Frankie, you scared me." She muttered to herself, flipping a pancake on the stove. I couldn't smile today, not today. I was still recovering, and I supposed that I always would. He had ripped a huge, gaping hole in my heart. At the pace that things in my life were going, it wouldn't be healing anytime soon. Out of the corner of my eye, I could've sworn that I had seen a black shadow. But when I turned to face it, there was nothing there but the pastel blue wallpaper. I couldn't help but think that it was Gerard, or somebody that he has sent to me. If that was the case, I wished that he'd leave me alone. I wanted the loneliness back that I had felt before he had even entered my sorry existence.

"Eat something, please Frank? I've made way too much food again." She sighed, sliding the pancakes onto the plate. She caught a glimpse of my eyes, placed the pan down on the table, her hands on her hips. "Frank Iero, how much have you been crying?" She gasped, looking me directly in the eyes. I couldn't manage to talk, my throat ached from crying. I shook my head, wishing that she wasn't so caring. She walked over to me, using her fingers to lift my chin up, our eyes locked on each other's.

"Please don't lie to me baby." She said, saddened by me being upset.

"It doesn't matter mom. I'm fine, I should've known better." I said quietly, shoving sugar-coated strawberries into my mouth so that I wouldn't have to talk anymore. She took the last from my mouth, placing it on my plate so that I would have to talk to her. I sighed, covering my eyes with my hands.

"If you've allows yourself to cry so much, then it must mean something. Don't lie to me, I don't like it." She sat next to me, her hand on my knee, eyes full of care and concern. I looked away, allowing more tears to drip lazily from my eyes. I wiped them away hastily, using the edge of my t-shirt to dry my face.

"I'm just stupid, mom. That's all." I sniffled, trying to get every image of his beautiful face from my mind. Every image of the way he'd touch my skin, or the dirty words that he'd whisper into my ear, the way that he'd watch me squirm. It was threatening to send me over the edge of sanity, and it definitely was enough to do so. I began to sob uncontrollably, my mom pulled me into her arms, rocking me gently from side to side.

"Whoever he is, you're too good to him. You're too innocent, trusting and caring for somebody like him. I don't know him, and I never want to if he's made you this way. Probably because I'd bash his brains in." I adored the protection that she'd cast over us, my sister and I. I could see my little sister out of the corner of my eye, she stood there, a dark cloud holding onto her little arm. I shook my head, burning my face into my mom's stomach. What was he doing to me? What was this feeling? I didn't want to feel it anymore, it was unbearable.

After a long time of crying, my mom concluded that I wasn't in a fit state to go to school. I would have to stay home, alone. My dad was already at work, having gone there early in the morning. I would have to sit alone with the black clouds- I didn't care for what they actually were, nor did I care for whatever Gerard had to say. Whatever he was going to say was through them, and they scared me. Just as much as he did, even though I loved him with all of my heart.

I laid down in the living room, blanket barely lying on my body, surrounding by them all. It was like a wake of vultures, patiently waiting their turns to pick at my remaining sanity. I ignored them, returning my attention back to the T.V.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Don't Look Back by Kissing Cousins

A.N
So, my little schedule that I've devised allows me to update both of my books at the same time, whilst editing too! Thank my awesome brain for that ;)

Don't forget to comment and vote my noodles, it helps me out.