Chapter Six

Frank P.O.V

He had been so sweet, then he had turned into a total asshole almost instantly. All in the space of a minute or so. I felt betrayed, embarrassed. My friends had already disappeared, leaving me to find my way home alone. I sighed, angrily kicking a rock into the road. I had already told myself that I wasn't allowed to get upset, that I wasn't allowed to let him get to me. I didn't need him, there was always more people around. Whether they were as beautiful, or as charming as he was- I wouldn't know. It had taken me longer than I had thought to get home. His house was further away from mine than I had expected, but I shrugged, as I walked along the garden path. My parents' car was in the driveway, and my sister's toys were already lying idly on the lawn. I smiled, knowing how happy she would be to see me.
I pushed the front door open, smelling nothing but fresh bacon. I breathed it in, my mind floating away.

"Frank Iero, where the hell have you been?" My mom scolded, waggling her finger at me. Her dark brown hair was pulled up into a messy bun, her green eyes squinting at me. I sighed, trying to think of a better reason than 'at my gay crush's house party'.

"I uh- I was with Anna. At her house, doing good Christian things." I hesitated, sitting down at the table in front of a plate. She raised her eyebrows in disbelief, snorting.

"You don't have to lie to me, Frankie. It's your father that you have to lie to." She chuckled, scooping half of the bacon onto my plate. I smiled, she could always tell when I was lying. It's a mother's gift, I guess. She sat in front of me, watching me eat.

"What?" I asked, stabbing at a piece of bacon. She raised an eyebrow, looking at the backdoor. My little sister was running around, in the energetic way that all little girls should. Then she turned back to me, opening her mouth slowly.

"Where were you last night? I won't be mad, I just want to know." She sighed, putting bacon into her own mouth. I hesitated, not really wanting to tell her where I was. But, as she would tell me over and over again, I could fully trust her. One hundred percent. She wouldn't tell my dad where I was, because she knew that he would get mad, and scream at me until the early hours of the morning.

"I was at a house party mom, with Anna. And a lot of others." I admitted, hoping that she wouldn't shout at me regardless of her promise. She rolled her eyes, probably thinking that I was being a 'typical teenager'. I smiled nervously, placing my knife and fork in the centre of the plate.

"Oh, so you weren't out buying drugs. That's okay, I forgive you." She joked, whisking my plate away from me. She dumped them into the  sink, then sat down in front of me again. She rested her chin in the palm of her hand, eyes scouring mine for any other information that she could collect from them. "Was there a boy involved?" She said quickly, I pretended to be taken aback.

"Mom! You can't automatically assume that I Frank Iero, your only gay son, went to a house party to look at a guy." I said sarcastically, placing a hand on my chest. She laughed, gently kicking me underneath the table.

"What do you mean 'look at a guy'?" She asked, looking at me strangely- in a playful sort of way.

"Just, a guy. Who's really pretty, and charming, and an asshole..." The list could've gone on, but I didn't want to get anybody's hopes up. Because I knew that I probably wouldn't have a chance with him. Not one chance at all.

"Mind your language," she chuckled, tapping me on the nose, "but, who knows? Maybe he'll have a thing for you too. The world works in mysterious ways." She assured me, wandering over to the window. My sister was still running around, playing with whatever imaginary friend that she had today. She had the biggest and best imagination in the world; she was the best little kid in the entire world. "She missed you last night. She kept asking for you." She sighed, looking over at me. I frowned, looking over at her. She hadn't noticed that I was there, she was still dancing around.

"Where's dad?" I asked, awkwardly changing the subject. She rolled her eyes, placing her hands on her hips.

"Probably in bed, with a hangover. He also went out last night. Came in at five, threw up all over himself." She chuckled, seeming to be a little angry. My dad hardly ever went out, but when he did, he went all out. He would come home hardly knowing who he was, and it would be a miracle if he didn't come home with cuts and bruises. He wasn't an emotional drunk, like me. He was a violent one. Which usually upsets my sister, and my poor mom has to deal with him. Sometimes I feel like he's a screw up, but he's not. He works hard, and he deserved every penny that he earned.

"Are you ever going to tell him, Frankie? He needs to know soon, it'll take less time for him to get over it." She said, ruffling my hair, tapping my nose again. I sighed, worried and scared of his reaction. He wouldn't be happy, not in the slightest.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Read My Mind by The Killers

A.N
The Killers are literally the soundtrack of my childhood, and when this song came on earlier I emotionally died and went back to when I saw them in 2012. I didn't move, I just stared at Brandon Flowers for the two hours that he was playing XD

Anyway, don't forget to comment and vote ;)