Chapter Eight

Frank P.O.V

It had started to rain, meaning that I would have to deal with damp clothes for the rest of the day. I sighed, pulling my hood up. One, to cover my face, and Two, to try and keep my hair dry. The delicate water droplets bounced off my boots, some seeping into them. I listened to the cars pass by, until one pulled up at the side of me. Whoever it was drove close to the pavement, as if they were trying to figure out who I was.

"Frankie, Frankie, looking a little moist." I heard Gerard say in a sing-song voice. I stopped, rolling my eyes with a sigh, turning to face him. He was smiling, slyly, sunglasses covering his eyes.

"Well, it's raining. And rain consists of water- last time I checked." I said sarcastically, tucking my hands into my pockets.

"Wow. I'll excuse the sarcasm, shall I?" He said, leaning across the passenger seat to open the door. I stared at the empty seat, debating whether or not I should get in. I still had a mental grudge against him- for what he said to me just days before. My face twitched, his smile still stuck there. I sighed loudly, getting inside. The car was old and charming. It was beautiful, and probably expensive. I pulled my hood down, his head still turned towards me.

"Are we going, or are we going to sit here until nine o'clock?" I asked a little panicky, refusing to look at him. He scoffed, his mouth opening,

"Fuck, somebody's grouchy. Did you sleep last night?" He asked with a frown, his pale hand gripping my chin, turning my head to face him. I didn't object, I just wanted him to drive me to school. Where I could pretend to ignore him for the rest of the day, then go home and pretend that I didn't have a crush on him. Because I did; he was messing with my head.

"Did anybody tell you that you've got pretty eyes?" He remarked, lifting his sunglasses from his eyes. I shook my head, he let go of me. His hands gripped the wheel of his car tightly, I stared out of the window. The rain was still falling, hurling itself at the old car. "I don't feel like going to school. Maybe I'll go home." He said, his brow furrowed, lips pouting. My mind automatically went into panic mode, knowing that I did not want to spend a day alone with him. I hoped that he'd be an asshole again, kicking me out of his car. So that I could go to school and forget this awkward moment. "Want to?" He asked me, his fingers tapping against the wheel. There was a soft metal 'clink' from the old ring sitting on his finger. I hadn't noticed that in his kitchen a few days ago.

"Want to what?" I asked dumbly, almost forgetting what my mind was chanting over and over, kick me out kick me out kick me out.

"Practise witchcraft," he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes, "Come back to my house you idiot." He sighed, tapping his fingers again. I couldn't help feeling that he wanted me to say yes. My mind implored me to get out of the car and leave, maybe even run home and pretend to be sick. But, my subconscious mind was controlling my words, blurting out a rushed sure. He smiled, turning the car around, driving back along the road. We passed my house, both of my parents' cars were gone from the driveway, my sister's toys still lying outside on the lawn.

The car stopped outside his house, I hadn't realised how ominous it was. It's painted-black outside was flaky and peeling, the huge wooden door covered in engravings. He had opened the car door for me, slamming it shut as soon as I had moved out of the way. His shades were back over his eyes, his fingers beckoning me inside.

"I didn't realise that your house was so pretty." I gasped, my eyes scanning every corner of the room. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see his lips curl into a smile. A satisfied kind of smile, like he knew exactly what he was doing- and he was loving every second of it. I myself had no idea what he was doing, so I just went along with it.

Once inside, he sat down on the couch next to me, eerily close. I felt uncomfortable, not because I didn't want him there- because I didn't know how to act. I froze as his hand grabbed my chin again, turning my head to face him. We stared into each other eyes, he cocked his head.

"You have a crush on me, don't you." He chuckled slyly, my heart sank. How did he know? I knew that I had tried extremely hard not to make it obvious. I shook my head vigorously, my cheeks blushing bright red.

"Nope." I said quickly, hoping that that would be a good enough answer. He frowned, head shaking slowly from side to side.

"It's not good to lie, Frank Iero."

"I-I'm not lying. Honestly, I don't have crushes on anybody." My words were practically spraying from my mouth like water from a broken pipe, trying to stop them was completely useless. He giggled,

"We'll see..."
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Boys Don't Cry by The Cure

A.N
I apologise for the gap in updating tho story, I've been mega mega busy and I spent the day with my dad and his fam so I couldn't even begin to write one :/ BUT, I hope this one was adequate, because I kinda like where it's going yannoooooo ;)

Don't forget to comment and vote my duhdes